Home» Forum» Help & Advice» I need help picking out my next animal

I need help picking out my next animal

Back to Help & Advice

Good evening my sweet baby darling angelzzzzz <333. I need advice. 


I can’t decide whether I want a Bearded Dragon or a Blue Tongue Skink. I’ve been keeping reptiles for a little over a decade and my crested gecko passing a few weeks ago has got me thinking about bigger things.


Bearded dragons don’t live as long but that might be a good thing because it’s less of a commitment before I know what I want to do and where I want to go. They’re less expensive upfront but they need a lot of maintenance.


Blue tongue skinks are my favorite. They live forever and they don’t need a ton of attention, but they’re sweet and cuddly like dogs. They need substrate though and you have to get them from a breeder rather than adopting which makes them wildly more expensive upfront. They cost less to feed and care for in the long run though. More of a time commitment but less of a long term cash commitment.

In my restless dreams I see that town…

bearded dragons need substrate too! blue tongue skinks also get veryyyy big, you probably will need at LEAST a 6ft enclosure 0_0 but theyre super cool if you can prepare everything for them and learn all you need to know, super sweet too :3 but they do live like 35+ years which is something you really need to think about!!!

A Human?

  😙

👉👈


They are a lil more expensive to feed and care for usually though, but it can be really worth it! :D

I say go with the skink seeing as it is your favourite! but also I know nothing about your money situation and also nothing about animal care,,,

I want to believe

Save up for the skink! you know what you're getting into it sounds like :3

Sorry about your crested gecko, those guys are cute

You must be logged in to reply.