Home» Forum» Movies & TV» movie suggestions

movie suggestions

Back to Movies & TV

as the title says. what movies you recommend me watching?

i watch way too much animated stuff so i'd like to watch some different things

perchance movies along the lines of these:

-forrest gump

-the sandlot

-terminator

-ghostbusters

-independence day

-pulp fiction

-wayne's world

(i've watched most of these before, but i would like suggestions on movies similar to these)

A lot of the stuff from your list is from the 80s and 90s so I'ma stick with that theme and say

- Ferris Buellers Day Off (iconic coming of age movie from the era that's famous for a reason)

- the Rocky movies (first two movies are beautiful character dramas and from the third movie onward its pure 80s maximalism cheese)

- Tarantino movies in general (if you liked Pulp Fiction you'll like them all)

It's also a good idea if you're trying to get into movies in general to just throw yourself at a bunch of different genres and experiment to see what you really like. try a western on for size, try a musical out, etc.

@Tuggington i think i've seen a bit of rocky. i'll check these out. thanks

have you watched bullet train?? maybe youll like it idk 0_o

@radioalize it does look quite interesting

Oh and an underrated movie I absolutely love that I think anyone and everyone could enjoy for reasons I cannot adequately explain; The Nice Guys (my goat Ryan Gosling at his finest)

i highly recommend tom green's freddy got fingered because 

- its trashy
- its wacky
- it's tasteless

plus it has so many memorable moments and lines that are now and forever etched into my psyche :3

@GOAT i've seen the clip where he's playing the piano with sausages roped to his fingers

@stevee the 'daddy would you like some sausage' scene is the entry level moment

it gets even more whacked out and crazier than that :rofl:

@GOAT oh yes

A Scanner Darkly

The Truman show

The Matrix Trilogy

Platform


@X is platform that weird hecking movie about people who eat food from the people above them

and then spit on the food of the ppl below them

that movie was crazy af ngl :star:

@GOAT yes, apparently they made a second one but I haven't watched it YET. I almost never watch stuff but I have been meaning to get around to that for a long time now.

@X i think it was just the one guy spitting on food, some cynical dude in the movie

anyway, it was damn good, a really weird satire of consumer culture tbh

idk how i'd feel about it having a sequel

stuff like that tends to work better as a stand alone feature :gasp:

@GOAT             WARNING MILD SPOILERS!!!

 I thought it was a social experiment to see if people can become good, and do the right thing despite a system that is purposefully designed to incentivize evil and hurting each other while punishing doing good.

The people running the experiment were looking for a breakthrough case; basically a unique combination of conditions/personality types that could generate miraculous level of altruism and self sacrifice. Imo it basically asks the questions, are humans and their behavior JUST the result of the system/rules they are in, and if so how much and under what conditions?

@X HOW COULD I FORGET THE TRUMAN SHOW

Life as a house

You must be logged in to reply.