Home» Forum» General Discussion» ao3 or wattpad??

ao3 or wattpad??

Back to General Discussion
Listing 1-20 of 26   1 2 Next >   Latest ↓


haiii my fanfic readersss !!!!!

wattpad seemed pretty uninteresting to me, so i made an ao3 acc and it was the best decision !!! atp everyone on there is above shakespeare level....i saw a rodamrix fortetan fic which was so well written :D


but....i need YOUR opinion! wattpad or ao3? i honestly prefer ao3 because its fan created, fan run and you can customize your own ao3 unlike wattpad :3 no hate to wattpad readers tho, if ur a wattpad reader u will not be thrown into the fridge by me !!!!!!


Wattpad's filtering systems are egregious at this point, but with AO3, you're extremely spoiled with how easily it is to water down certain aspects to find the fic you want to read the most,, Wattpad's also been considered a ''preliminary website'' for younger fic writers/readers, which is why so many people prefer AO3. I myself do use it more than Wattpad, so,,

i havnt touched wattpad in like 6 years 😭 i only use ao3

docta duchess b grossedocta duchess b grossedocta duchess b grosse

Never been on wattpad, I only use ao3. 

wattpad was like the cream of the crop to me when I was 11 but once u get a taste of ao3 it's impossible to go back

so this is hell...what a sight

i haven't used wattpad since i was in middle school i think... i use ao3 pretty often but my personal fav fic site is my friend's self-hosted version of otw-archive :-)

slayyyter in front of blue fireworks

AO3 or Fanfiction.net. Most of the time I find stuff on FF.net so I can just laugh at it.

wattpad to read the comments, but ao3 for actual fanfic lol

get crazy with the cheeze whiz! ^-^

Ao3, hands down. Recently, Wattpad published new policies that basically censor everything. 

Here's the link: https://policies.wattpad.com/content

Wattpad during its peak was everything to me. Fanfic.net has some secret bangers but they’re old asf so most of them will never be completed. AO3 is good just most of them aren’t completed, and sometimes they fool you with them tags. (The specific ones I want aren’t) 

Ao3 :hyper:

I read a lot of ao3 mainly because it has a great tagging system. Is there anything like that for non-fanfic?

A03 by farrrr, theres so many amazing writers there, they’ve made me cry so many times with their beautiful stories omggg :’ )

AO3 for certain sure. I never got around to reading anything on Wattpad, but like @eevarrlee said, Wattpad just updated their restrictions. I love AO3 because they protect everyone and everything, and they aren't beholden to sponsors that can start making changes to how things run.

~°☆Get in loser, we're living past the end our myth☆°~

ao3 for sure!! I never really could find much on wattpad to my tastes

@reverie99N SAMEEE!! wattpad was really boring tbh

I haven't touched wattpad in YEARS but yeah Ao3 on top that isnt even a question

AO3 is superior but Wattpad is more mainstream.


i mean i usually use ao3 since wattpad has too many ads. tumblr is also pretty good but thats mostly bc i hate censorship :P


Ao3 and sometimes fanfiction.net

Listing 1-20 of 26   1 2 Next >   Latest ↓

You must be logged in to reply.