Home» Forum» Games» Final Fantasy: Megathread

Final Fantasy: Megathread

Back to Games

Idk if there's another FF megathread, but I think it's good to have one place where Final Fantasy lovers can talk about it in one place.

My first FF game was FFIX when I was around 5 or 6, my dad got it so I was obsessed with the game. When I got older I finally replayed it and played other FF games - Tactics, I, II, VII and VIII :star:


Oh I also played FF XIV Online but it was like almost 10 years ago

Still plan to play the ones I never played (OG and the Remake)

My first one was ff7, but I wish FF8 got more love.

@KratosPS yeah VIII is a forgotten gem

@KratosPS


I second this 8 is an underdog and I always kinda loved it. It's got a vibe

@KratosPS VIII is my fav, it's so overhated </3

I actually made a Final Fantasy thread a couple months ago! It only gets like 1 response every few weeks and then instantly gets buried to the depths of the forum. lol 😅 Doesn't hurt to have another one, though! 


My first Final Fantasy game was VII! I first played it back in 2021 and loved it, then I played all the FFVII spinoffs right after. The only other Final Fantasy games I've played so far were X and X-2 which I also really enjoyed! (I also watched a little bit of my older brother playing VIII, XII, XIII, and XV years ago too, but haven't gotten around to playing those myself yet. 😅) I'm planning to play XVI next since it was added to PS Plus a couple months ago! ✨


"The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

@🌺Bubblepopspit🌺 Ohh, no wonder why I didn't find it😅 I think megathreads should have special color or something haha

I don't know if it counts but my first ff game was ffxiv online. I still have no idea how i grew addicted to it since I went in completely blind and didn't know anything about the series or the world. I'm still interested in trying the other games in the series, so if anyone's got recommendations or would be willing to guide me.

@Upsilon I tried to play FF XIV Online like 10 years ago but I...idk was confused mostly so I stopped playing it (was my first multiplayer game btw). Is it good now than when it got released (idk how long you've been playing it tho). Maybe I should try it again :daydream:


Tbh you can start with any FF game, like it doesn't matter cuz the story is different (except for X and XIII since they got the second game), but I'd recommend to start with IX since it's my fav but you can start with VII since it's the most popular one in the series (it even got one movie and remake)

@Saddy I've been playing ffxiv online for 3 years I think? Still have a TON of stuff to do in that game though. I know about VII because of how iconic it is, but honestly I like the artstyle of IX a lot and find it more interesting. I adore that black mage design.

My first is cliche, I played seven back in 97. I have 2 copies of it too lol IDK why.

8 is special to me too. 

10 is amazing, played it on Xbox 360.

9 is good, I need a reminder on it though I ain't played it in like 17 years.


15 I did legit enjoy on PC , and it's had updated since last I played it ( near release) so be fun to see what the real finished product is.

I actually really love FFXVI despite a lot of tried and true classic FF fans being mad at the gameplay, and while I agree that there's no reason Final Fantasy shouldn't be turn based (especially after Expedition 33 did gangbusters), the story and characters of FFXVI are so good that I'm okay with it. 

FFIX and FFX are the goats though.

ff9 will forever be precious to me :hearts:


I guess my ranking goes

1) FF6

2) FF7

3) FF14

4) FF12

5) FF4

6) FF10

7) FF16

8) FF13

9) FF3

10) FF2

11) FF1

I'm looking forward to playing 9, just grabbed it :D

You must be logged in to reply.