Home» Forum» Art & Photography» characters i made + potential cartoon

characters i made + potential cartoon

Back to Art & Photography

I made these guys a bit back and wrote up a concept of a cartoon I might make. I still haven't figured out all the characters I wanted to make but it's about these 2 high school juniors who work at a chicken restaurant called "The Chicken Wing". One is depressed, and the other one tries to keep his mood up. I've formulated some other characters but they aren't as final.

Second image is a bit of a redesign from the first one, but anyways, should probably talk about some of the characters.

George Parte - 17 years old, down to earth and depressed. Often realistic and grounded. Tries to be nice and reserved around others but bottles his emotions up usually. He's pretty socially awkward. He comes from an Italian background and he has a tall, lanky figure. He is best friends with Jack, or "Jackson", despite their differing personalities.

Jack "Jackson" Fergson - Also 17, and is Jack's best friend. He is a lot more upbeat, and tries to cheer George up. He is similar to a comic relief, but can become more serious in certain situations. He also has childish tendencies, having a pet rock who he often brings to work. He's also the one usually getting the duo into certain situations.

Mr. O'Wingly - The owner of the Chicken Wing. He disapproves of George and Jackson's antics, but doesn't want to fire them as he views them as good workers. He is some-what no-nonsense, and views his business as important, but he also legitimately cares about George and Jackson.

Giovanni Parte - George's grandfather, who immigrated from Italy when he was only 10. He's now 92. He often doesn't have any filters and says and does a lot of unhinged things. He still somewhat speaks with a slight Italian accent despite being in America for over 80 years. 


I imagine this show touching upon certain political situations, but it's not going to be as mature as South Park, I'm thinking more PG or PG-13. I have certain other ideas for characters, like for some of their teachers, an unserious principal and a stern vice principal, other students, and maybe even love interests, but I'm not exactly set on how I should write the characters.

Anyways, let me know what y'all think and if I should continue with it. I created the main 2 characters and came up with the concept, about a year ago now if memory serves me right. Other suggestions are also welcome.

i mean idk why not. if i can be blunt ur art isn't the best like sorry but if ur serious about this u gotta know? i think if the writing is good enough you can get it off the ground but it might be difficult. in fact it's gonna be difficult to get this off the ground even if you have the best writing and animation ever. like idk why not go with it, if ur just gonna post it online? like what's stopping you there's no consequences

sekai de ichiban ohimesama

@goodbunny yeah i know my art is shit... but yeah i've been thinking about it for a while

hallo steve , i have read it happily and want to say.. the character “george” strikes my interest, i like his simplistic but weirdly cute design . the posing on the two of them very much shows the personalities perfectly , the style is reminding me of the early adult swim shows . in a way.. and i do love those. i imagine the animation to look “choppy” but in a endearing way, much like adult cartoons like squid billies for small example . i would love to see the idea flourish into something fun (´• ω •`)

@mrsurrealist i was actually thinking something like south park, as i do plan on animating it in a very similar way, just with slides instead of actual paper cut outs

@stevee

aw, really like that!

I think you should try to make a short animation, a storyboard or maybe a comic with them..I like how the characters are written, they have a lot of potential to have their own characters analyzed, which is what makes them interesting))

Just like how mrsurrealist says...I imagine the animation to look choppy, it's not exactly a bad thing, I find choppy animations with simpler artstyles very charming. 

I love how you don't want Jackson to just be that one comic relief and that's it, since he is capable of being serious. It's a huge problem with a lot of other writings, where a character just ends up becoming exxagareted version of themselves, I think you should be careful with that anyway..

I do wonder if you have any voice claims for the characters or not? 

Prometheus was punished by the gods for giving the gift of knowledge to man. He was cast into the bowels of the earth and pecked by birds.

@lavashlol yeah, i was thinking a short pilot of sorts that's around maybe 5-10 minutes. i picture jackson as being a funny character but also an important asset to plots, as well as him legitimately caring a lot for george. you're right about characters having overexaggerated personalities, especially with certain cartoons running for many years and the characters become more exaggerated.

also i'm happy you brought up voice-acting. george i just imagine sounding like a depressed dude, maybe a mix of vinny from vinesauce and stan from south park, i'm not exactly sure yet. jackson on the other hand i picture sounding like heffer from rocko's modern life. i might look for potential voice actors on here once i start work on it.

Ooh Nice! Ir reminds me of newgrounds or something on adult swim, like aqua teen hunger force (im aware of some shows that aired before I was born lolol ;3)

@sugarpawed:3 much appreciated, and that's the vibe i'm going for. something funny but with my own personal flair sprinkled in.

these fellas are sick as hell, big fan of the shapey style style of them :-) may just be me but they remind me of seth and evan from superbad 

@radioalize i was kinda going for a greg hefley and rowley dynamic, but those two make a lot of sense too.

This is so cool. I really like their character designs 

@C-A-S-I-O555 thanks!

@stevee Do you mind if I draw them? Like some type of fan art?

@C-A-S-I-O555 that would be sick! go ahead

I tried my best, idk if it’s good but I hope you like it 

@C-A-S-I-O555

ah they are so cute, amazing art here friend!!

@mrsurrealist

Thx

@C-A-S-I-O555 this is the first time someone else drew characters i made. i'm flattered if i'm being honest.

love the art.

You must be logged in to reply.