Home» Forum» Books & Writing» Wheel of Time.

Wheel of Time.

Back to Books & Writing

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1347045749736603713/1539075496304971827/Screenshot_20260817-160819.Proton_Mail2.jpg?ex=6a84ff40&is=6a83adc0&hm=96ae7d1ffd651430e26198d5cd7004cb79799659d760e47b1aec419f03bfbd14&=&format=webp

1 year later. It's on it's way....now how to spend $3,250 on the rest of them as they come out...? FOMO is strong on this lineup. AHHH!

Feel free to express your thoughts here on the series, I am a pretty big fan, but I do have strong criticisms on a select number of the entries; Alas, Jordan has never seemed to fail in the pay off, per his life works while he still lived to tell it. Sanderson did an excellent job in conclusion, and it shows in his proceeding works under his own intellectual properties. I am entirely open on all opinions...

Please, have respect for the deceased in this sense.

Let's talk.

So... *holds up a wildly flailing sack* ... I have a badger.


Seriously though, that leather bound edition looks delicious. Had I more income...


I love the books, and have all the audiobooks. I think I have almost all of them physically.

~°☆Get in loser, we're living past the end our myth☆°~

@Erah Mar

I have read each title and listened to each audio book! :D 

@BANNED I really like the audiobooks, I think they were really well done for how long they are. Eye of the World is always a hoot to listen to, especially the early chapters. The narrators trying to get the cadence down and slowly speeding up through long descriptions make me laugh every time.

~°☆Get in loser, we're living past the end our myth☆°~

@BANNED I started reading the books in high school and ended floundering somewhere around 5 or 6, stopped reading for years. Finally picked it up again when I found unauthorized audiobook uploads to youtube about a decade ago, and i'm so glad I did.


My sister introduced me all those years ago, and now I understand why. Every time I pick up a book or turn on the audiobook, it's kind of like coming home to friends.

~°☆Get in loser, we're living past the end our myth☆°~

@Erah Mar That's how Sanderson described it too when he was reflecting on being selected to finish the series by Robert Jordan's widow, he grew up with them as the books were coming out. The characters in the series are with you for SO long. They genuinely do feel like companions. Jordan wrote out entire lives for his characters, you're with them as adolescence and watch them grow into adult hood. It's such an excellent series to pick up in the formative years (teens through twenties I'd argue.) as it's absolutely rich with original substance, emotions and comradery, life lessons, all that good stuff. It's a really warm feeling looking back on it. Honestly I might be getting a strange feeling of homesickness just thinking about restarting the series. I can't wait to get that leather bound.

I gotta say, Matt is easily one of my favorite personalities. I almost wish we got to see more into what his phenomenon was as the "gambler" and past lives stuff. ALSO holy shit man, the pay off of each book, regardless of where the series drags this is something Robert Jordan never seems to fail in rewarding the readers. There are immeasurable highlights here and it really severed to shape a lot of fantasy we have today beyond Tolkien's epic and is directly written as though to challenge his formula per the authors own words.

Al'Thor on the mountain...

Side note if you didn't know, the original narrators for Wheel of Time, they also covered just about ALL of Brandon Sanderson's work there after. I like his stuff plenty but it is all YA and I've covered pretty much everything.

Anytime I see someone reading those books it makes me want to spaz out and talk too much, lore dump, jump and down ten times, etc...

@BANNED I understand entirely! I'm really glad that I have my sister to scream back and forth with.

I love Mat, too. I wish we had gotten a little more of his past lives, for sure. The amount of potential there is for continuing stories is insane, but I guess that's what us fans are for!

I showed my sister that leather bound edition,  and now she's contemplating. 

~°☆Get in loser, we're living past the end our myth☆°~

You must be logged in to reply.