Home» Forum» Help & Advice» Why does my miosterizer do this (╥‸╥)

Why does my miosterizer do this (╥‸╥)

Back to Help & Advice

Ok, so. I have combination skin (oily T-zone and dry cheeks) and because of that I try to use moisturizer whenever I can (Like super hydrating ones, ones meant to control oily skin, etc etc)

However, whenever I DO use moisturizer, my T-zone becomes like X10 more oily.

Like, If I don't use moisturizer, it's just my nose that becomes kinda oily, but when I use any moisturizer, suddenly my forehead, nose, and the bit of my cheek near my nose is super oily and it starts gunking up my glasses

I just want to know if anyone has any way to fix this or maybe an explanation on why it happens (◞ ‸ ◟ )


Over n' out

N1kk0

I have the same issue. I would recommend just using either Vaseline or Sun screen (I use banana boat and Beauty of Jordan.) They’ll help you stay moisturized and wouldn’t prevent the oiliness. (The Vaseline would still stick but it’s still thick so not too much of it). 

I would also recommend helping with the oiliness. Try to wash face often and use a facial cleanser after. (I use papaya Eskinol for cleanser). This helps clean your pores and helps with oil. 

I would recommend trying out hydrating sprays bc there’s really no oily or grease aspect since it’s just a mist that absorbs into the skin quickly. what’s helped me out in general is applying moisturizers to the edges of my face and working in so you can control the amount of product in your t-zone.

 if you’re able to get an oil cleanser it’ll really help remove the slickness from your skin and get a dry base to moisturize. i personally find that if I follow with a hydrating cleanser after I don’t need to moisturize excessive or sometimes at all. Powdering your T-zone and bridge of your glasses will also help with the icky buildup that can happen there

I use: 

-Anua heartleaf oil cleanser (baby oil can also work)

-dove beauty bar or CeraVe foaming facial cleanser

-thayer’s unscented facial mist (apply out of shower for best results) or CeraVe moisturizing cream as a moisturizer


You must be logged in to reply.