Home» Forum» Sports, Health & Fitness» Fitness Accountability

Fitness Accountability

Back to Sports, Health & Fitness

I'm a fairly active person in general but I have absolutely no schedule at all, which I need to change. So let's try this:

I am going to the gym on Sunday, Tuesday, & Thursday.

Then, I'll update/post on this thread when I do. Feel free to jump in with your own schedule, plan, & check-ins, & stay active with me. Let's have a little group fitness thing on the internet so we're not working out alone.

Hey there Gengar!  I’d like to add that I’ve been actively on a quest to gain a six pack at 45 yrs old!  So far I’ve managed to drop twenty lbs (190 to 170) just by calorie counting and doing at least 10k steps a day. So I guess you could say, I’m joining you in your quest for ultimate fitness!

I’ll be traveling for a few weeks but after I will also be going back to the gym! LFG!!!

@Sam Thul 


Sam Thul wrote:
Hey there Gengar!  I’d like to add that I’ve been actively on a quest to gain a six pack at 45 yrs old!  So far I’ve managed to drop twenty lbs (190 to 170) just by calorie counting and doing at least 10k steps a day. So I guess you could say, I’m joining you in your quest for ultimate fitness!I’ll be traveling for a few weeks but after I will also be going back to the gym! LFG!!!

Hell yeah let's get it!

Tuesday 8/18/26 - Gym accomplished, about an hour.

i don't care that i'm fat but i do not like being out of shape. i have stiffness and pain in my back and ankles and i know it's from being sedentary. i have a gym membership that i don't use and i want that to change.

what's an ideal way to ease into a fitness routine if you're not used to making time in your schedule for it? i'd like to start going regularly too.

@mallrat


mallrat wrote:
i don't care that i'm fat but i do not like being out of shape. i have stiffness and pain in my back and ankles and i know it's from being sedentary. i have a gym membership that i don't use and i want that to change. what's an ideal way to ease into a fitness routine if you're not used to making time in your schedule for it? i'd like to start going regularly too.

My biggest advice for beginners is to Just Go & don't overdo it or think too hard about it. Make a good music playlist for a total amount of time you want to be at the gym, even 15 minutes is better than potatoing on your couch. If some of that time is visiting the water fountain or chilling between activities, it's STILL an improvement. The act of being physically present in the gym is the most important thing at the beginning.

If your gym has a sauna or massage chairs or anything like that, add in some extra time at the end to relax & recover so it's an enjoyable experience instead of a chore.

Focus on how you feel & measurable changes in your body. This doesn't have to be visual changes, it can be things like: you use the bikes 5 more minutes without being out of breath, you add 5lbs to the weight you're lifting without feeling shaky at the end. I recommend writing down whatever you do at the start of the 2nd or 3rd week when you're more comfortable going to the gym (times, the amount of weight you're lifting, how many reps you were able to get in your set), then do the same workout again in a month & track those numbers. Being able to see how things are improving is great motivation to keep going.

Start off with two days a week spaced out for plenty of recovery time between & re-evaluate in 2-3 months. Maybe you want to stay a little longer, maybe you want to add a day, maybe your schedule works better when you're at the gym on different days... or maybe you find that what you're already doing works great & you don't need to change anything.

You've got this! You can do it!

I do a home workout typically every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Sometimes I try to push myself to work out on the weekend as well, but I always aim for 3x a week at the bare minimum. My main goals are to lose weight and build stamina, and so far I'm down 10 lbs. I've been pretty consistent lately but some accountability might push me to work out on the weekend haha.

Would just like to add in for the people that want to but don't get to workout on the weekends, don't worry! You should do it whenever you want to, don't make it feel like a chore :D

Thursday 8/20/2026 - Gymmed. About an hour again. Kicked my water bottle across the floor on accident, that was fun.

I go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week doing like leg days, arms and chest day and lower body or mix it up a bit. Do stretches and cardio at the beginning and using equipment then using treadmills or stair machine. Mine is very intense workout too! 

SavageReaper666 wrote:
I go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week doing like leg days, arms and chest day and lower body or mix it up a bit. Do stretches and cardio at the beginning and using equipment then using treadmills or stair machine. Mine is very intense workout too! 

Nice! My workout tends to be pretty intense also, but I don't wanna scare off people who are just getting into fitness for the first time.

I like this idea. I'd like to start lifting weights 3x a week. 

Sunday 8/23/2026 - Gymmed...sort of... about 2.5 hours. Took a nice scenic walk on the treadmill, uphill both ways, & zoned out listening to music. I'm gonna say that it counts because I was in the gym, I just didn't do any lifty things.

Tuesday 8/25/2026 - No gym tonight, I'll make it up tomorrow. Some extenuating circumstances occurred, mostly that I irritated my hand tat & I don't want gym germs in it. (I'm chilling with some goo on it today.)

Wednesday 8/26/2026 - Short gym, about 30 minutes.

Thursday 8/27/2026 - There was a passing-on occurring, but I'll leave it at that. It was not "unexpected" exactly, but I was in a medical facility for like 4 hours while the process occurred. No gym, fuck that. We'll see about Sunday, not sure yet. If I'm still crying randomly, I'll give myself time & just walk a bit where I can do all that without being seen.

I am not sympathy-baiting, I'm just being real about valid reasons to break a healthy habit. It would NOT be healthy for me to force myself to show up when I feel like I need to be suppressing this. I will be okay, I don't need anything from anyone, I just need to give myself a space where I can feel my feels without having to mask or hide.

You must be logged in to reply.