I've been trying to add a custom font to my neocities website for a while now but just cannot seem to figure it out. I was following a reddit tutorial most recently but just could not do it. Any tips?
I've been trying to add a custom font to my neocities website for a while now but just cannot seem to figure it out. I was following a reddit tutorial most recently but just could not do it. Any tips?
Generally the process for adding a font is to:
- Upload the font to your website (it's a WOFF file or something)
- Use CSS to add a font-face
- Use CSS to set the font-family
Here's the example from MDN: @font-face CSS at-rule
@font-face {
font-family: "Bitstream Vera Serif Bold";
src: url("https://mdn.github.io/shared-assets/fonts/FiraSans-Regular.woff2");
}
body {
font-family: "Bitstream Vera Serif Bold", serif;
}@Jookia one thing to consider when setting custom fonts ofc
@font-face {
src: url("link2font.woff2") format('woff2');
}
setting a format declaration rule in the @font-face css rules helps to speed up rendering
and also forces the browser to not download a whole font just to check metadata stuff ![]()

You must be logged in to reply.