Home» Forum» General Discussion» For those who don’t like hanging out with minors (18+) why so?

For those who don’t like hanging out with minors (18+) why so?

Back to General Discussion
Listing 21-28 of 28   < Prev 1 2   Latest ↓

As a minor who has healthy friendships with people in there twenty’s am aware that there friends aren’t comfortable with hanging out with minors and out of curiosity am wondering why???  Is it afraid of talking about certain subject around them?? How mentally undeveloped minors are? How they act? Am very curious to see reasons 

zwani.com myspace graphic comments

Because they're annoying, emotionally immature and hard to relate to. That's it really.

"Why do we always hurt the ones we care about the most?" - Veronica, Fallout New Vegas

~Poble — Visit my website!

There's just kind of a maturity barrier. Like, no offense, but genuinely yall are immature. You may be "mature for your age" (HATE that phrase btw, I got called that) but that doesn't mean much without the life experience to go with it. Also, I work in childcare at the moment and if I'm interacting with a minor I automatically default to that kinda older-sibling-caretaker personality. Like, I'll be nice and all, because I'm not gonna be mean to someone for just being a minor, but I don't want to constantly be acting as my worksona when I'm not at work.

And it makes me feel old. I'm only 23. I already feel old when talking to my coworkers who are 4 or 5 years younger than me, and it doesn't feel good.

🔆Sol🔆

It's depends what it is if it's around 21 I wouldn't want to be friends with them or even 20, I wouldn't want people being friends with me unless their family related friends.

Replying to @ExMachina (post is on page 1): “Because I have to deal with very immature and easily offended people. Plus, I like talking to people I can learn from and obviously, there's nothing to learn...”

@ExMachina I actually get this a lot, from my view on other 13 year olds on the internet and even in real life I can’t help but feel extremely bothered by the way they act, especially in fandom spaces where they cling onto parasocial relationships with character to where they attack others for having any slight negative opinion on there beloved characters, even in general it’s like they can’t even take criticism and when they try to formulate any opinion (ie “rant community” on TikTok that I ever so slightly take part of but I barely post on that platform) it’s just comes out as being rediculous and they always seem to come up with whatever stupid trauma with other 13 year olds it gets silly at won point. Don’t even get me Started in real life, especially in school, people my age who label themselves as “weird kids” seem to automatically formulate any opinion opinion to where they believe any girl who dresses “normal” or mind there business with other groups of there friends are people who bully them and go to measures to even HARASS them for nothing. Literally nothing. I have a friend who literally does this by talking loudly mean about them while there next to us and even tell me saying “hey am going to talk  about my original character who has the same name as them to bother them” and it’s STUPID! God these people are going to drive me up a wall! Some people should have restricted access. 

zwani.com myspace graphic comments

Unless I work with said minor, or they are related to me I don't like hanging out with them. I myself used to hang out with people wayy older than me in my teens and now that I am an adult I see how weird it was for them to just be hanging out with a kid. I am also a mom, so most people who are underage I see as children and feel more obligated to protect them, not be their friend. In most cases, if not all, I have little to nothing in common with someone in high-school. Maybe there was a time in my teens when I could've related to them but not now. 

hmm I just can not really relate to minors, I struggle to relate to my younger friends and we have a 2 year gap. So now 3+ is much more difficult. Also I feel a bit maternal to everyone under 18, could be because of my 3 siblings. Even if they share the same interest it's just difficult to bond over the interests, also I feel old anyways cuz of the slang difference 😭 def also makes it harder to connect 🥀

Replying to @Jookia (post is on page 1): “As a minor you are the responsibility of your parents/caregivers and as such any social relationship with you would require keeping parents/caregivers in the...”

@Jookia  It takes a village to raise a child. I, as an adult, have saved a few kids actual lives by being friends with them, and I have helped countless others. Kids always being surrounded by other stupid, ignorant, low empathy kids usually only makes things worse. They won't confide in their teachers, or their family about certain important issues. They really just have no way to recieve proper wisdom on certain topics. Like if a kid wants to kill themselves they almost NEVER tell teachers or counselors for fear of losing privileges/freedoms/trust or being watched aggressively, etc. I think I only knew ONE girl in my entire school who actually ever used the counselor, despite many many girls being depressed/having big problems.

Anyways a stranger, who is also an adult with wisdom/perspective, who also can't relay things back to their family/social circle is needed for them to open up and have the confidence TO confide and recieve help.

People think nothing good can come from an adult talking to a young person. But really throughout all of human history adults have talked to minors. Only recently through media and fear mongering has it become stigmatized.

I got huge boosts in life from having older friends. I currently have MANY real friends who are 80+ years old.

Wisdom is passed down, not horizontally.

Replying to @ExMachina (post is on page 1): “Because I have to deal with very immature and easily offended people. Plus, I like talking to people I can learn from and obviously, there's nothing to learn...”

@ExMachina I have actually learned a TON from minors on the internet over the years.

Minors have a unique set of circumstances that most adults don't have (especially in modern times.)

1. A massive amount of free time, and curiousity, and risk taking to click sussy links and try things.

2. A large social network of friends with the same massive amount of free time and curiousity etc.

These two things combined lead to them finding a lot of really cool things on the internet and sometimes really niche things.


Most of the time they are retarded lil jits though yeah lmao, but then you can teach them to not be retarded little jits and be better people. If that never happens they become retarded asshole adults... People don't just turn 18 and magically become good respectful people suddenly the moment they blow out the candles.

Listing 21-28 of 28   < Prev 1 2   Latest ↓

You must be logged in to reply.