Home» Forum» General Discussion» does anyone remember google+

does anyone remember google+

Back to General Discussion

genuinely still don't get what the point of google+ was, but i remember like every smaller youtuber I liked as a kid was reping their google+ group at the beginning of their videos. i know for sure I had an account at one point and like actually used it


I was the number one google+ user. . . i loved google + . .  .  . 

shock

YES BRO I wasnt allowed social medias when I was younger so I just used google+ for a year. Also I remember feeling so evil for using it when I was 12, not 13 </3 by the time I was actually 13, it shut down.

the only reason i had it was 'cause a good friend of mine at the time had it and i wanted to support him? my mom ended up invading my privacy and going through my tablet (as usual) and she was yelling at me for talking to strangers? meanwhile this was an app/website that i did NOT USE on the regular and i'm just crying 'cause she didn't believe me. that was my google+ experience LMFAO

We used it for work. Until it went the way of the dodo.

Gods, I am old.

Live. Love. Laugh. Be stunning. - Miss Piggy

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.

⠀

YES, I used to be a mod in a group. I don't quite remember what the group was for but I'm pretty sure it was Animal Jam related.

I ended up getting traumatized because someone was spamming gore gifs on it.

⠀

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.

Yes I remember playing around with it in elementary / middle school a lot, google has tried social media several times, and they unfortunately just never got it right

"Put your best foot forward, there's an crocodile behind you!"
X_x

Yes! 
I wasn't able to comment on my old 2010 account for a long while due to refusing to get google+

🏞 Save a tree...please don't print this forum post unless you really need to

I miss Google+ 😭

Official FriendRewind Forum & Layout Moderator
Harley Quinn

I've been thinking about writing about it. 

Maybe MySpace was all the friends we made along the way.

Plz do!

@ExMachina

🪷Always take care of yourself first..🍵

unfortunately. vaguely remember some dude on there trying to rope me into steven universe vore roleplay (we were both in a steven universe group and i was completely oblivious to what he was talking about)

omg yes, wth, i forgot about google+

I used to use google+ with irl school friends before I ever got a phone number

I remember I'd purposefully change my pfps on there alot to some atrocious images so whenever a person would check what pfps I had they'll be met with stupid images lol

Prometheus was punished by the gods for giving the gift of knowledge to man. He was cast into the bowels of the earth and pecked by birds.

Hell yeah, I was actually on G+ when it was still active between 2015 and 2019. That’s where I spent most of my time as a teen, but once it closed down I didn’t really know where to go. It was such a chaotic time for me, being that I was still figuring myself out and it was my first time socializing outside of school, so I was pretty awkward lol.

I do miss my online friends I knew back then, and I wish I could reconnect with them after all this time. I wonder what they’re doing now…

"Why do we always hurt the ones we care about the most?" - Veronica, Fallout New Vegas

~Poble — Visit my website!
Hanko ☆ wrote:
Plz do!@ExMachina

Will do. Thanks for the kind words 😌 

Maybe MySpace was all the friends we made along the way.

Yes! I remember I used to do Five Nights at Freddy's roleplays with people on there.

Google+ replaced the old YouTube comment and messaging system, essentially forcing everyone with a YouTube account to also have a Google+ account. Most people simply didn't use it, but some smaller YouTubers would try since it brought a ton if YouTubers together. 

I personally enjoyed it because I wasn't allowed to have a Facebook account at the time. I created a Jak and Daxter fan community there which was my first experience with fandoms. 

You must be logged in to reply.