Home» Forum» Art & Photography» What do you think about using AI to rescue people from a fund?

What do you think about using AI to rescue people from a fund?

Back to Art & Photography

I really like the aesthetic of drawing my characters against real backgrounds, and sometimes I search Pinterest for those real photo backgrounds, and when I find a cool one I use AI to remove the people they appear in the background so I can draw my character there. I don't know if that's a bad thing, do you think it is? If so, what can I do differently? 

I would say, edit the photo on your drawing app. You can eye drop the colors near the people, and draw the colors over the people and blend it. 

shock

definitely don't do that. it isn't the worst thing you can do with ai, but aside from ethics, there are definitely going to be tells where the ai generated a new part of the picture + it sometimes messes up the parts of the picture you don't want it to change. if you're just doing it for practice it's not as much of an issue, but as soon as you start posting it then people are gonna flip the fuck out on you when they see ai sludge and you don't want that.

also, most photos ARE copyrighted from the moment they're taken, so you don't have the right to use them in your work even without ai. buildings can be copyrighted or trademarked too. 

i am a professional artist trying to establish my career. when ai started encroaching on stock photo territory. i decided to keep an eye out for cool places to take photos to use for my own backgrounds instead. guarantee you it's way more satisfying to say "i made this with a photo i took myself!" than to say "i made this with a photo that i mooched off of another artist/photographer on pinterest." 

No, 

AI make mistakes all the time, could get someone harmed or killed, 


AI data centers also harm people's health, their lungs, lack of sleep, even putting toxic waste in the water to the point of making a new virus, all this done without people giving consent.

Also, AI data centers are supported by the fossil fuel industry, which harms up the plant, were already dealing with the biggest Super El Niño ever because of this selfishness. 

Flock, Axon, and much more AI cameras causing stalking by police and false reports on people, putting personal information in a data base.

Generating illegal and racist imagery, making deepfakes of anyone and anything that makes them do something they wouldn't that could cause harm, taking away people's jobs, just anti-human and doing nothing but harm to humanity then good. 


Saving people is the last thing it's doing, never back down on speaking out against all this, and do what you can. 

@Xxx_J1g0ku_xxX most of what's in this list is things humans were already doing. people just didn't care until there was a robot to point fingers at. you wouldn't believe how much info facebook and tiktok collected pre-genai.

For a plethora of reasons, I don't think you should do that for artwork you release publicly or use for portfolios. If you want to do that for personal work then I don't think it matters that much, but I'd still advise against it. You might find more creativity and enjoyment through taking the photos yourself.

You must be logged in to reply.