Home» Forum» Rants & Vents» ''transmasc passing tips #inclusive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'' and they're just. Shit entirely

''transmasc passing tips #inclusive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'' and they're just. Shit entirely

Back to Rants & Vents

Almost everything I've seen is ''take off ANY piercings'', ''don't color your hair'', ''dress like this'', ''do NOT dress like this! You'll look so conspicuously AHF AB!!!!!!!!!'', and so on. I (kind of) get it. I understand that it might make it more difficult to pass with one or more of the attributes I've just listed, but hypermasculinizing every single aspect of yourself just for the sake of (maybe! just maybe!) passing is crazy to me.

That was an immensely short rant, but I just wanted to put that out somewhere.

REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i pass with colored hair and weird (sometimes) colorful clothing . i dont think i  pass AS much but I TOTES FEEL SO MUCH MORE CONFIDENT to the point i dont even care as much as i used to.

@chromacupcakes YOU GET IT!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad to hear that you feel way more comfortable by simply being yourself (and simultaneously passing)........ #ilovemenwithcoloredhairtheyresoawesome

idk how to break it to them but i can pass without looking like a white person T_T

@N!c0 N1L ♪♡ mfs when you don't look like the stereotypical cishet european man with chiseled features and a hyper-conforming masculine style: 🤯🤯🤯?1?!/1?1/!?/?!!?

I hate those posts and one life-changing piece of advice I've seen was the complete opposite. I don't remember the exact wording, but to summarize: dress as alt as you can. look as weird as possible. when people see you, they'll immediately just clock you as strange-looking instead of trans. think of scene kings, most strangers just assume they're gay men

@xX.. Rainie Rawr ..Xx [⚢] FR I also feel like when dressing very alt, theres just less point of comparison to what a "man should look like." Like, maybe they don't look like a regular man, but they don't look like a regular anything, do they?



actually "how to pass as a transmasc tips" and it's just "suppress any and all amount of personal style"

NO BC THAT'S SO REAL AND LIKE IT'S THE FACT THAT THEY SHOW ONLY WHITE BOYS WITH CURLY OR STRAIGHT HAIR. LIKE WHAT ABOUT POC THAT ARE TRANSMASC OR TRANS?? literally not everyone is white omg 😭 and there's barely any tips for poc. another thing too is that they give you very specific steps on what to do and how you should dress. like not everybody dress alt not everybody wears certain clothes like you do and not everybody goes to the gym hell some ppl like me can't afford to go to the gym and get a gym membership to workout on a daily basis. not everyone wants piercings or wants to wear them like everybody is different and everybody has their own style in expressing themselves through their own fashion. another thing that rlly annoys me is that they say how this will help you pass but not everybody does you can do the same exact steps as they do and immediately get clocked in public. some people pass and others do not. the whole do i pass question that i keep seeing everywhere is so annoying bc they are asking ppl on the internet if they do and they might say yes but in reality they don't because not everyone is gonna see you the same way. most of those trans/transmasc tips are honestly just not the best tbh. 

Unfortunately most of those things listed are things that most cisgendered men just...do not do. I understand personal style, but if passing is one's priority, then why make yourself so clocky? Not saying that some cissexual men have dyed hair and piercings, but if you are transgender then that is such a huge tell.


“My duty to myself is to amuse myself terrifically.” ― Oscar Wilde, Only Dull People Are Brilliant at Breakfast

@Andrew *not saying that some cissexual men DON'T have dyed hair and piercings


“My duty to myself is to amuse myself terrifically.” ― Oscar Wilde, Only Dull People Are Brilliant at Breakfast

most of the tips Ive seen just seem like they're trying to make the person whose meant to take the tips seriously pass as a single white dad... can't say I've ever taken any of them seriously tho.... :confused2:

ong and its like still the most androgynous person whos probably 5'4 at the shortest


bro i am 5'0 tall with HIPS tf is ts </3

You must be logged in to reply.