Home» Forum» Help & Advice» Looking for Birthday Reccomendations

Looking for Birthday Reccomendations

Back to Help & Advice

My birthday is coming up in a month and for the past few years I've been struggling to come up with ideas for what I even want. I used to have tons of ideas for things I wanted, however now it just feels like the only thing I need is money. Money is fine, but it doesn't feel as special as getting gifted something you always wanted or that took extra thought and consideration into.


One idea I had was getting a keyboard for my PC, but admittedly have no idea what to get. I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard around the 50-75 budget range, sturdy, tactile keypads that can withstand hours of constant typing, preferably wireless and the option of swappable keypad support.


I'm open to any suggestions, so don't be afraid to give me anything you have in mind! Bonus points for anything that can serve a dual purpose. For example, a couple of years ago I bought this Grizzco Lamp off of Etsy from the Splatoon series. Not only does it provide extra light in my room, but the wooden material matches something you would most likely see from the Grizzco in-game lobby.

Grizzco Lamp

Sorry for the late reply.

Does the gift have to be an object? Although I find it hard to decide, since money could be considered a “multifunctional object” because you could buy more than one thing with it.


I haven’t seen Toukou Fukawa in a while—I saw him on your profile. So I’m assuming you like Danganronpa. Could you ask about or check out the Danganronpa V3 collector’s edition? It comes with Kaede Akamatsu’s backpack, Shuichi Saihara’s cap, a music CD, the PS4 game (or Vita—I don’t remember), and an art book.


Although if it’s not a physical item, it could be something simpler or non-physical— I don’t know—like going out (for a bite to eat or dessert) or places where you can do something (if you know of arcades or places where you can go with friends or family, it could be digital games using credits, or things like pool—that game with a cue stick where you have to get the balls to fall into a hole in the table).


(Awesome lamp, BTW, even though I couldn't play Splatoon)

Thanks for the reply!


Preferably and object would be better, since it can associated with the memory of a birthday. I don't really see any Toko Fukawa merchandise anywhere online since she's not as popular as the other characters. I already have the Danganronpa Decadence collection on my Switch and the games on Steam. Additionally, being send a digital code online isn't as special as getting a physical gift card.


But yeah, there's no right or wrong answer. Just looking to brainstorm some ideas.

@Tofu Fukawa What do you mean Fukawa isn't popular? I thought she'd at least make the top 10 (though below Sho, who I think is one of the author's favorite characters too). Or at least in DR1 she's my favorite (and in UDG too—I liked the design they gave her).

But yeah, I get that there might not be much merchandise online—at most, metal pins, posters, or acrylic figures. And 3D figures are probably expensive (or at least in my country, that’s the case).


I had absolutely no idea that *Danganronpa Decadence* existed; I think I saw it on a Nintendo livestream when they announced *Danganronpa S*. As soon as I turned 18, the first thing I did was buy the entire series on Steam. I played the first game when I was 13; it took me a week or two to finish it (including extra game modes, though I didn’t read the novel), and that’s how I worked my way through each game. (Except for Danganronpa S—even though I like the concept, I’m not into RPGs or board games, even though I do like the gacha system.)


I’m not a fan of digital codes either; I prefer physical games, to be honest.


Could the gift be a Nintendo Switch game? Is there one you want or that catches your eye?


i don't have a suggestion for you since "money" is what i always ask for too, but that salmon run lamp is sickkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be logged in to reply.