Home» Forum» Help & Advice» Making friends?

Making friends?

Back to Help & Advice

How does one manage to make good friends IRL in and outside of high school? For reference I have always struggled with socializing as I am autistic and generally a very introverted person. I currently have zero friends in my area and I’m gonna switch schools soon and my dad really wants me to have some friends to spend time with. I would really appreciate some tips, thank u!

“Hold onto your dreams kid, the future is built on dreams.”— Optimus Prime

hi! I have also struggled with this as well,, if you have clubs at school that align with your interests (even somewhat) I 100% recommend you join!! Especially if those clubs hold events, it's a lot easier to chat with people if you know they have similar interests. I also personally go to local comic/cosplay cons, local shows of genres I like, and also search on tiktok for people with my interests in my area...

basically hang around people who have similar interests and eventually you make friends if you put yourself out there. good luck!

I'm not too good at it either so maybe try start conversations based on interests ? Or a genuine compliment can be a good starter too but it def takes more courage XP wishing you luck

You must be logged in to reply.