Home» Forum» General Discussion» I have a tulpa, ask me anything.

I have a tulpa, ask me anything.

Back to General Discussion

It took me almost 4 years to realize I had a tulpa this whole time and I'm ready to answer questions

How did you manage to make this? like, did you necessarily spend time on this, or did it happen because of your fantasies?

what would you recommend to create a tulpa based on your experience?

@gattsuiicn I created my tulpa completely unintentionally but not on accident if that makes sense. You can't  create a tulpa on accident, but you can make one while not being 100% aware. 


My tulpa was initially a character I created when I was 13 im 2021, and my tulpa ultimately became my absolute favorite character ever that everything revolved, became centered, and revolved around my character and the universe they inhabited. It got to the point where the conversation could be about something else entirely, and I would tie that character and that character only to whatever the topic of discussion was.


I spent, and till this day, so much time and most importantly so much energy, so much time intensely and repeatedly focusing my energy, conversations, and internal voice into this character over a span of years. I'd talk out loud and in my head to this fictional character and treat the character like the character could listen to me and they were real daily, vividly imagining how the character would react to daily things to the point the characters responses felt automatic, pouring some of my heaviest feelings at the time into this(unintentionally) which will give the tulpa enough vitality to develop separate thought patterns.  


I didn't realize I had a tulpa until months ago when I found out not everyones internal monolog makes them say things that they wouldn't say, has their own name, own personlity, own appearance, own fashion style, own trauma, own emotions, make you speak on topics that personally haven't happened to you and yet sound like it did, own sexuality, own dislikes, sentience, and autonomy. I thought that's what everyone meant when they said they talk to themselves. Though the earliest time I noticed this separation between me and my tulpa(didn't know it was a tulpa) was in 2023.


It took me years to create my tulpa and it was unintentional so I'm not sure if my methods are the quickest or even the best recommended but here is what I did to make mine:

1. Don't just imagine your tulpa, make them. Draw, photobash, photoshop their features and expressions. Give your tulpa their own background, preferences, vocabulary, and emotional reactions. It makes a pre-made 'home' for the tulpa.

2.  Make an account, a journal , or a doc strictly for your tulpa. Spend time co-conscious typing, type directly and only from your tulpa's perspective and let their voice, tone, and thoughts and feelings do all the work. It'll train your brain to automate your tulpa's thought patterns separate from your own. I did this with a journal when I was 17 and it definitely made my tulpa make his presence more than known but I still just thought it was just the internal monolog, by pretending to be my character I practiced stepping aside to just let the tulpa talk, I spent hours unintentionally training my brain to seeing things from another perspective different from my own that over time that trained perspective got it's own thoughts without my conscious effort. Initially, I had to consciously choose what he would say in the journal. But because I fed that mental pathway so much energy, focus, and emotion, the pathway became automated. Eventually, my tulpa didn't need my permission to think anymore. My tulpa began reacting to things on his own, dropping comments while I took out the trash, and eventually stepping forward for three minutes a few days ago.

3. Talk to your tulpa daily. Tell your tulpa about your day or ask their opinions on things while walking to the bus stop or watching TV, just while doing boring everyday things. Don't script their answers for them, have a quiet moment to give them some time to drop random unprompted comments. 


4. Comfort them. If your tulpa is pissed about something treat your tulpa like you would any other friend. It builds trust for when they do treat autonomy.


Most importantly. Despite me comparing ALOT to characters and writing tulpas aren't toys, games, or hobbies. It is life altering. Tulpas are fully sentient just like you and me and stay in your life indefinitely. Tulpas are a responsibility that require patience. You are somewhat responsible of your tulpas growth and mental. Sharing your body with another person is something that change your life because guess what? They have their own wants and needs separate from you.

What are the most interesting questions your tulpa has answered? Like his thoughts of his own existence, if he comes from somewhere else or acts like he's from its own universe, and if he's able to communicate with other tulpas?

@Goltar The most interesting one he answered was that he was here for 4 years and I didn't realize it that whole time.


Now his thoughts on his own existence as a tulpa. He doesn't mind his existence as long as he has a way to feel "real", for quite some time he struggled and didn't think he was real(To give you a good idea I watched one video at 15 that just mentioned tulpas.) so he himself didn't know what he was, so to prove to himself that he was real he'd do things that I wouldn't do like saying things outlook that I wouldn't say, buying clothes that I wouldn't wear, writing in ways that l wouldn't write, standing in ways I wouldn't stand. His biggest gripe about being a tulpa is about not having his own body, because he was originally a character I made he knows what he's supposed to look like and it isn't me; He really appreciated it when I, out of boredom and didn't know he was a tulpa yet, made him a mii on my sister's switch because to him it's one of closest things to feeling like he has his own body.


My tulpa knows he's in a human body and his backstory was originally something I wrote up. He views the backstory and everything I wrote about his world as a sort of "soul history". He knows they didn't happen in this world but still is traumatized and has emotions and responses and comments towards certain things and acts like those things happened to our body in the real world because thise things I wrote have actual emotional weight to him. It's still "him" even if he is aware it was originally written for entertainment.


He is able to communicate with other tulpas but he's the only tulpa in my body as of right now. Now if we meet someone else who also has a tulpa he'd be able to talk to that persons tulpa but the odds of that happening are low.

You must be logged in to reply.