Home» Forum» Games» Top 10 favorite video game characters?

Top 10 favorite video game characters?

Back to Games

yuoppp im just curious o_O you can also talk about why you like them if you want :D

my top 10 (in no particular order) 


1. Simon Henrikson [CRY OF FEAR]

2. Biker [HOTLINE MIAMI]

3. Elliot [WORK AT A PIZZA PLACE]

4. Toro Inoue [DOKO DEMO ISSYO]

5. Sergei Dragunov [TEKKEN]

6. White Lily Cookie [COOKIE RUN KINGDOM]

7. Miles "Tails" Prowler [SONIC THE HEDGEHOG]

8. Aerith Gainsborough [FINAL FANTASY 7]

9. The Bard [WANDERSONG] 

10. Travis Rapid [THE MOON I ROT BEHIND]


i lowkey forgot all my other favorite characters bro D:

god this is tough. Just gonna list em as they come to my mind so there might be ones I'm missing. Also gonna try to just do 1 character per franchise. Also honestly all of my descriptions to these characters will do a disservice to them as I cant truly articulate the years of love and their character nuances in these small descriptions.

1- Kris[DELTARUNE]: Kris has been one of my favorites for a long time but only recently I noticed they are my absolute favorite. They mean the world to me alongside Deltarune as a whole due to the impact they had on my life, but Kris is genuinely such a great character that keeps making me want to cheer for them more and more. Kris has been plaguing my every thought for a long time now and they genuinely make me sick from how much I love them. It really is a shame when people dont just stop and actually think about the dialogue in the game to see Kris' characterization because they are adorable and such a little bastard while their tragedy and trauma seeps through sometimes.

2- Emil(NieR Replicant/Automata): Emil used to be my favorite character for the longest time before the Kris realization. He is a tragic character overflowing with kindness yet his good deeds never gets paid back as he gets tormented for thousands of years, but despite it all still holds on to his whimsy and pure soul

3- May(Guilty Gear): My dear wife(I will call multiple of these characters my wife) who carried me to the top of Guilty Gear's ranks. I love her attitude towards others and her relationship with Johnny. She is so dumb and silly but can lock in when the moment needs it... in the worst ways possible but she still gets the job done.

4- Agent 8(Splatoon): My octopus wife... She is just really pretty, and her demeanor in cutscenes is adorable. The way she is described in the Splatoon 3 DLC's diaries is so so cute and I love her super dearly.

5- Shorekeeper(Wuthering Waves): Shorekeeper... She is the reason why I started paying attention to Wuwa's story. The moment I saw the Black Shores and Shorekeeper, I made a new account just to properly read the story all the way through and get up to speed right before Black Shores came. Her relationship with Rover is beautiful and I can feel every ounce of pure love she has for him every time they interact. 

6- Otonashi Ayana(Subahibi/Wonderful Everyday]): While I love most characters in Subahibi, minus those 2 bitches Kimika hangs out with, Ayana holds a special place in my heart as her whole role is just entering the scene, fucking with the main character, yapping about random philosophy, then leaving without elaboration. She really is the humor champion, also creepy as fuck when she wants to be

7- Tatsuo Shinada(Yakuza): MY MAN SHINADA. I love this guy so much, I love me a funny man that manages to NOT be annoying and Shinada is just that. He is hilarious without disturbing anyone else.

8- Dorothy Haze(VA-11 Hall-A): My clanker "people pleaser" wife... She is super cute and every moment with her on screen is so joyful. She was one of my favorites throughout the whole game but near the end there was a certain event and the price she took for that event felt like an arrow through my heart. I love her so very much

9- Sunny(OMORI): I recently finished replaying OMORI since the last time I played it was back in 2020. My favorite from that game used to be Kel but after replaying, I think I like Sunny a lot. I could not for the life of me tell you why, I just like him a lot. He is really cute

10- Ryuji Sakamoto(Persona 5): I like me a character that is a total bro, and god Ryuji is a total bro. While every persona game has a "guy best friend" character type, Ryuji is the only one I'd truly want to have as the amount of respect and loyalty he has towards Joker is so immense. He is the kind of guy you'd call in an emergency, the one friend that would never let you down. I love characters like that

These aren't in any particular order, but here're my favorites.


Mai Touyama (Death end re;Quest 2)
-Mai has occupied my thoughts nonstop ever since I first finished her game, I guess I'm just extremely attached to her. In general, I kind of see myself in her, and her whole story and character arc really got to me. Every emotion she felt over the course of the story, I also felt. It should be noted that with me it's a pretty big deal when I say I like a female character and don't mention wanting to put a baby in them
an honorable mention goes to Sayaka Hiwatari from this game's sequel, her character arc legit almost made me cry at one point, but I don't like her as much, Mai strikes me as a much "cooler" character on top of everything, whereas Sayaka is (admittedly intentionally) kind of dorky
I also played DERQ 2 first and went into its story totally blind so there's that probably


Amitie (Puyo Puyo)
-Amitie's my main in these games; I love all of the Fever girls almost equally as much, but Amitie's bubbly and optimistic personality draws me to her a bit more than her peers (but man if Feli and Raffina don't come close). Looking at some of her artwork or hearing some of her voice lines legitimately always puts me in a good mood, even if I'm not feeling great.


Otsuu (Mary Skelter 2)
-Probably the closest I have to a role model, and maybe tied with Mai for "character I literally never stop thinking about". An embodiment of the Knight in Shining Armor that I look up to.


Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends with You)
-When I was a bit younger, he would've occupied Mai's spot, I really saw myself in him when I first played TWEWY, and I really like his character arc. Him and Mai are actually really similar in almost every aspect, now that I think about it


Shadow the Hedgehog (Shadow The Hedgehog (2005))
-This was the character I couldn't stop thinking about as a kid. He was maybe...written better in earlier games, but his game was really touching to me as a kid, I always kind of saw myself in Shadow when I was younger, having similar thoughts of "Maybe I shouldn't have existed" like he does in one of the endings to that.
They also used Shadow to represent Sir Lancelot in Sonic and the Black Knight, and Lancelot's one of my favorite characters in...anything. Inspired choice to use him as a stand-in for the strongest Knight of the Round Table.


Giygas and Porky Minch (Mother 2 and 3)
-I couldn't really decide between these two. When talking about them as villains, I'd usually only mention Porky, since he strikes me as a bit less sympathetic, and more villainous as a result, but
I think these two were maybe the first time I got super into villain characters as a kid, my first exposure to bad guys that were a bit deeper or more nuanced, both of them being an interesting inversion to the themes of love/motherhood that's kind of recurrent throughout the Mother trilogy (Giygas having a mother figure in Maria and it eventually being his downfall, which leads to him getting completely mangled and fucked up by the end of 2) and Porky, rather infamously, being the complete opposite (compared to Lucas, rather), being raised in an abusive household, and never knowing a mother's love.
Also helps that these two were a bit darker, and when I was younger, I was a bit more interested in that kind of thing, Giygas fucked me up as a kid, I legit couldn't look at Ness in Smash Bros for years after seeing that for the first time, but it left a strong impression on me.


Ulala (Space Channel 5)
-I've just been thinking of Space Channel 5 a lot lately, and Ulala's energy is just really infectious, I just think she's cool!


Ashley (WarioWare)
-I think my second ever fictional crush, I find her insanely cute.


Makoto Yuki (Persona 3)
-Another character I saw myself in when I was a bit younger. I remember especially liking his design and his (implied) morbid/demure nature. 

and finally, Kirby, because he's cute. If you don't like Kirby, I don't like you.

I think you can tell at which point I just started getting really tired writing these out lol


I want to pick up this call.

probably yi (nine sols), tamon takeuchi (siren), coach (l4d2), gordon freeman (halflife 1/2), conker (conker's bfd), samus (metroid), alucard (castlevania sotn), the master (fallout), flowey/asriel (undertale), and james sunderland (silent hill 2).


Shout out to this random companion I had in s.t.a.l.k.e.r named vadim who stuck with me until he provoked a group of bandits and got killed. I miss him everyday.

You must be logged in to reply.