Home» Forum» General Discussion» What knowledge would you bring to 1000 BC?

What knowledge would you bring to 1000 BC?

Back to General Discussion
Listing 21-40 of 52   < Prev 1 2 3 Next >   Latest ↓

say you were dropped into the past by three thousand years. It is the Iron age, the world population is about 50 million, there is rice in vietnam, the phoenician alphabet is invented. The small seeds of a comfortable life has been sown, we are becoming farmers and exchanging information. 


I give you the freedom to choose where you want to be dropped off, you can be latin (they just started finding italy so yay to you guys!) or maybe you want to start in the United Kingdom of Israel (no not the one we have now, the one from the bible, genuinely 3000 years ago) there are Iranians in persia so maybe you wanna be there!! the Kenyans are farming, so that’s very cool.


you are you, with all the knowledge of the 21st century that you possess in your brain, what are you teaching the people of the past?

𐔌՞ ܸ.ˬ.ܸ՞𐦯
Replying to @ziv (post is on page 1): “@Heroinfather genuinely amazing answer XD”

@ziv Thank youu

This kinda reminds me of the TV show on Netflix called La Brea. 

Replying to @tellmesecrets (post is on page 1): “There's this great book I read once called How to Invent Everything by Ryan North. The premise is that it's the manual left inside time machines just in case...”

@tellmesecrets you’d be pleased to know i have that book B) 

I even splurged on the hardcover version

𐔌՞ ܸ.ˬ.ܸ՞𐦯

@ziv too cool!

~*: We'll see it through! :*~

@Fabian Dee do you think the fact it’s 3000 years ago might distort the story a bit or do you have faith in humans?

𐔌՞ ܸ.ˬ.ܸ՞𐦯
Replying to @Sardonic The Hedgehog (post is on page 1): “They can build a fire better than I can, but decent plumbing/sanitization (and I stand by this!) is the catalyst for our species' explosion over the past hun...”

@Sardonic The Hedgehog you might save civilization from a many chlorea outbreaks!

𐔌՞ ܸ.ˬ.ܸ՞𐦯

@ziv Cholera, dysentery, all manner of other water parasites, the black plague and other things that could be battled simply by hand-washing and being able to flush...they'd treat me like a god.


...or possibly burn me at the stake for witchcraft. Apparently the whole "witches and cats" thing came from spinsters with cats not getting the plague due to a lack of mice. 

I'd tell them to give up farming and go back to hunting and gathering.

@Romeo Rucha The Industrial Revolution and its consequences were a disaster for humanity. 

Ai datacenters

Replying to @Cranky Old Witch (post is on page 1): “@Cranky Old Witch BARNACLES! I just remembered. No cheese out that way!Crap. Do I teach pizza to ancient pre-Peruvians with no cheese and no wheat? Or teac...”

@Cranky Old Witch I've made many lovely pizzas without red sauce. When my partner got celiac I've searched high and low for recipes to make pizza without gluten. They all suck for the most part.

~*: We'll see it through! :*~

lottery ticket numbers

i'll write it down somewhere and put it where archaeologists can find it :doughboy: 

HIP HIP HOORAYING!!

probably medical stuff so we can get a head start and be super duper advanced in the future♪(^∇^*)

remember what the dormouse said... feed your head! ^_^

I would go to ea nasir and tell him he became a meme in 2015 and it's still going strong in 2026

"Dünya sevgisi bütün hataların başıdır."
- Resulullah s.a.v.

@Wiredoomed unfortunatly you would be 750 years too late!! he was more of a 1750 BC guy rather than 1000 BC

𐔌՞ ܸ.ˬ.ܸ՞𐦯

Probably would die pretty quickly if transported back to 1000BC (anywhere), so the creation and manufacture of penicillin is top priority (and probably die in the process). 

Worship Me -- I am dead

    Hyper simple guide to advanced metallurgy and steam power, the rest will come naturally :P

let teh gabberz (move yr loli body!)

I would monopolize what I know, money in exchange for information..

Im sorry but I fear money is the most important thing to me..

Your covetous nature would not impact humanity in any positive way

let teh gabberz (move yr loli body!)

@PanzerDivisionSkrewdriver fair..

Listing 21-40 of 52   < Prev 1 2 3 Next >   Latest ↓

You must be logged in to reply.