Home» Forum» Games» Which should I play on: ps3 or ps4?

Which should I play on: ps3 or ps4?

Back to Games

I have games for both and I really like the look and feel of the ps3 BUT I have more games on the ps4 plus the updated versions of the games I wanna play (eg Minecraft) and I can't choose which console to play on :(

let me just add my own personal bias and say ps3 bc of littlebigplanet 1 and 2 but that's about all i can justify it with...it's really about whether you prefer utility/functionality or nostalgia/"retro-ness"

I have to go now. My planet needs me. :3

@karol_teh_alien one of the main reasons why i've sticked to ps3 for a bit now is to play the old version of Minecraft and LBP, but I also really wanna play other games that aren't available on the ps3 (little nightmares, Detroit: Become Human, Life is Strange) 

i'd say it depends on the games. if you want t play the updated games that badly, go with the ps4. if not, ps3. also whether you want to play littlebigplanet is another factor. ps4 can't play ps3 games if i'm not mistaken.

@stevee yea I looked into it and I can't :/

@‧₊˚𖦹Maddie 𝄞₊˚⊹! could you set both up perchance? ps3 could be composite and ps4 hdmi, so you can have both but you'd just have to change the source whenever you'd want to change it and the ps3 video quality would probably be worse than the ps4, but it's an idea

Virtua Striker.on Sony PlayStation 3.

Both have their pros and cons, but only the PS3 has The Puppeteer, which is one of the most unique games I have ever had the pleasure of playing. 

~°☆Get in loser, we're living past the end our myth☆°~

@Erah Mar ooo I've never heard of it, whats it about? :p

@‧₊˚𖦹Maddie 𝄞₊˚⊹! It follows the story of Kuntaro, who had his head stolen by a Witch that lives on the moon (if I remember correctly).


However, it's less of the story and more of the mechanics and execution. It's crafted to look like a fancy puppet show on a stage, complete with set pieces that lift on and off as you complete stages, and wooden, jointed characters. It's kind of hard to explain, but it is so COOL. I highly recommend looking up some game play on YT.

~°☆Get in loser, we're living past the end our myth☆°~

@Erah Mar okiee <3

ooooh a fellow PS3 owner!

userbar<

Even though i grew up on the PS4 like the lil chudling i am, i honestly enjoy more PS3 games! The entire LittleBIGPlanet franchise (LBPKarting included), Skylanders Giants, Family Guy Back to the Multiverse, Tekken 6, MINECRAFT....... the possibilities are endless :3333

the ps3 is more of a vibes thing but it has plenty of great games on it. worth a shot.

the ps3 has a lot more games exclusive to it and the games aren't particularly expensive

a lot of the ps4's library exists on PC so unless you don't have an at least ok running PC I don't see the point in getting a ps4

...both? They're both different consoles, and a lot of the library between the two is different
I don't understand the point of the question, are you trying to decide on which one to buy?

I want to pick up this call.

@Black Market Stray Cat no I have both consoles but I don't want to switch between the two since I don't want to constantly plug and unplug them from my tv (which is heat I play on) 

You must be logged in to reply.