Home» Forum» Help & Advice» I need teal hair dye that ACTUALLY lasts!!!!

I need teal hair dye that ACTUALLY lasts!!!!

Back to Help & Advice

specifically like this color


^ that was taken on august 10th, in just 2 weeks it already faded into this pastel yellowish-green color </3 iroiro used to be my go-to brand but idk about that anymore. I will do splat if I have to idc about the bleeding but I would ofc want to know if there are other options

in my experience (have had teal hair for ~3 yrs), teal/blue is a color that just fades faster than others unfortunately. i upkeep it with dye depositing conditioner. i use the brand punky color rn (it will dye tf out of your hands/nails if u dont use gloves) but ive also used keracolor and it was good too. i also use iroiro when i do a full dye tho! anecdotal but i find that mixing dyes helps the color last a little longer, especially if u go for richer/deeper colors as opposed to pastels. i usually mix their forest green with emerald green, but ive used other blues with forest green and it works out :3 

“i’m not unhinged, i'm loose. the door still operates” -jerma985

As the other person said, teal really fades fast. :( I also LOVEEEE IroIro but randomly some of their colors fade like immediately??? It's so annoying. I've been using Arctic Fox in the shade Aquamarine and it's stayed for 2 months if you wash it in cold water with sulfate-free shampoo! Depending on the shade you want you'd need to mix in some green because it leans pretty blue. Splat will also never come out which is great, on the downside... it will NEVER come out lol. I hope you find one that works!!

You must be logged in to reply.