Home» Forum» Art & Photography» art help

Heyyy does anyone have any advice on how to achieve a jelly like art style? make my colors pop more? I use procreate!

I can help a smidgen w this but I use ibispaint XD a lot of blending and soft color transitions I think like when ur blending smth use like 4 colors that slowly ombre and then blend it??? perhaps

I'm with you 'till the end of the line, pal

@Sleepy_Skies I'll look into it I have thought about switching from procreate to ibispaint

@Sleepy_Skies most drawing programs have blend brushes, including procreate one could assume. i like to shade with a hard brush and then soften edges with a round blend brush, but that's because i was taught to cel shade and it's easier for me to do what i already know. the video i linked in my reply has some methods you can use

that's what i think, anyway...

@Mayonaka Yeee!!! there's a specific brush I use but it always looks smoother 4 me when I use an ombre but it is a lot more work ;-;

I'm with you 'till the end of the line, pal

I can help, gather a few inspirations (or a load) so that i can get an idea of what you actually want. First step is always to get references (and make sure they're not all from the same person because it will be harder to experiment)

@Toffee.moon could you help me acquire some :0

@Keeglien the issue is i don't really understand what style you're refering to, if you give me at least 2 images to go off of i can probably compile a board

@Toffee.moon stuff like this!!


@Keeglien might not be so accurate, however i assume you're looking for hyper-pop artstyle. This is the closest i could find lol, there's the artists accounts at the top. What i notice a cross this is: screentones are often used, there's thick colourful outlines and that there's a lot of cell shading. I hope I'm of help! 

@Toffee.moon naturally you should also look at the artists you shown art 

try studying color theory and the way colors interact with each other in practice. you can know colors without knowing how to apply them well. 

ironically i would suggest a video about shading as a starting point. pikat's "a COMPLETE guide to shading" helped me out a bit, it goes into digital rendering techniques as well. pikat makes really good tutorials overall i'd recommend

that's what i think, anyway...

@Mayonaka TYSM I APPRECTIATE U :D

You must be logged in to reply.