Home» Forum» Games» Who should I main in SSBM

Who should I main in SSBM

Back to Games

I'm currently between 2 characters: Jigglypuff and Falco.

I've just started playing Melee but I've been playing Jigglypuff in different games for ages. Their gameplay is so, SO fun. It revolves around a lot of patience, and use of poking tools to edgegaurd and get the elusive rest.
Rest (for people who somehow haven't played a smash game) is this fun move where you go inside someone's body and go to sleep for 4 seconds, and if the hitbox hit the enemy, he gets LAUNCHED. If you miss, well, they have 4 seconds to absolutely murder you.

Falco is really fun, fast and has a lot of fun kill tools. Their smash attacks are heavy, their lasers are good, and their down air is absolutely killer. It's so fast paced and it's got a little bit more trickery and technical skill. It's so fun to play him

I just don't know which way I should go. I love Jigglypuff, I've been playing them for ages, but Falco is also really fun. What do you guys think?

Id say go with whoever gives you the most satisfaction to win with. Melee is a deep complicated game that you will have to sink decent time into to learn everything no matter who you play. Look into the more complicated aspects of the characters and see if their competitive play style is one that seems fulfilling to you to practice and get good at. Whichever you choose based on that would probably be your best bet to enjoy your time with melee.

You must be logged in to reply.