Home» Forum» General Discussion» How to get over social anxiety

How to get over social anxiety

Back to General Discussion

It's so bad I can't even talk to people ONLINE!! It's so irritating man, how do I get over this

Hihi!! 

I had social anxiety as well. It’s frustrating and scary at times. The most effective thing I’ve found is blind confidence. The easiest thing I found is that when I just started by having absolute blind faith that everyone is fine with me and would like me if I talked to them. I started thinking like that then would move on to talking to people online with the impression they are having the most fun ever talking to me. Then I moved on to having smaller conversations with retail workers (hi how’s your day, etc) then started implementing that mindset with people at school and work. Just that everyone is fine with your existence.

Throughout all of this it’s rlly important to be super positive about yourself and how you see your presence in the world. Also like having a stress ball made it less anxiety inducing because I would squeeze it. Additionally having more confident body language for real world interactions makes both you and the person you’re talking to more comfortable. Online I’ve found it’s just like being engaging, asking questions, joking around etc. this is what worked for me but yknow everyone’s unique! I hope this helps even at all and I know that is like long as hell so sorry. XD 

Good luck :DD

ive never had social anxiety online, so i can't help you there. however - what helped for me was changing my mindset. just for context, so you know how bad i was in comparison. i used to walk to school an entire hour earlier so i wouldn't see anyone, i would spend all my time in my form room, if i was kicked out i'd go to the toilets, and at the end of the day i'd wait 30 minutes so everyone would have gone home. i wasn't allowed to skip school so this is what i had to do. 

what really started changing for me is changing how i saw people. instead of assuming everyone was staring and judging at me, i told myself "if im so pre-occupied with myself, who's to say theyre not doing the same?" because truth be told, everyone focuses on themselves too much. i guarantee the average stranger/classmate who sees you in the street aren't judging you as much as you may think they are.


You must be logged in to reply.