Home» Forum» Movies & TV» Funny Games (1997) VS. Funny Games (2007)

Funny Games (1997) VS. Funny Games (2007)

Back to Movies & TV

I'm sorry as much as I love the entire concept of Funny Games and what Michael Haneke conveys through that movie, I really REALLLLLYYYYY thing a remake just kinda ruined it for me for a while. It still bothers me now each time i see something that reminds me it exists in the first place. (And well thats why im posting this heheh) but omg it cant just be me, I think arno frisch did an IMPECCABLE job playing paul in the 1997 version, but maybe this is a bias. i fucking hate Michael Pitt. hes a shite actor i HATE HIMMMMM. He ruined the whole thing. he doesnt channel that same sadistic unattached coldness arno frisch does through paul he just looks retarded in every fucking frame. maybe im insane and its just me and every FG's fan adores the remake but i had to rant about this sighhhhh

while im a little less hostile towards it since haneke did direct it again, i really dislike the remake... too many old/foreign movies are remade just for the sake of making it easier viewing imo

@Blazzko I fully agree, i dont know what michael was trying to do with that remake but it failed miserably. i think hes a fantastic director, its mostly michael pitts fault. I hate how much people insist on remaking every movie under the sun. theres no need for that

You must be logged in to reply.