Home» Forum» Introductions» Hi! Glass_Blackb3rry here :D

Hi! Glass_Blackb3rry here :D

Back to Introductions

A little about me and my social media journey:

I originally hung out on Myspace waaayyyy back in the day, and it has been my favorite social media website thus far. I used to spend hours DMing my crushes, coding my profile, posting the classic Myspace pics with mirror poses, and listening to my favorite artists on YouTube. Like most people, I eventually migrated to Facebook. It was still a fun platform at that time, with no algorithm but simple user interface that didn't demand much from the user.

Facebook and the rest of the growing mainstream platforms all lost their charm by the late 2010s for me. I had a love/hate relationship with them where I'd delete or deactivate a profile for a period, only to return later and reengage. By about 2022/23, I ended up deleting everything entirely and taking a break. 

I then turned to Spacehey, which became an enjoyable, creative experience. I could craft my profile to my liking and curate my own experience and community. Sure, it was more work. But it completely alleviated the mental health struggles that Facebook et al served up day after day. 

I kinda fell off for a while because of big life changes that demanded my attention. When I returned recently, it seemed like Spacehey has kinda fallen off for the time being. I hope An will find the time, passion, and enjoyment to revive and improve it, but completely understand if he doesn't. In the meantime, I'll retain my profile there and enjoy this retro social revival we've got here among other places. 


A little about what I'm looking for in a friend group:

I'm not terribly picky about who you are or what you offer. Just a few preferences:

- 18 or older is a must. Preferably 21+ though. If a profile falls through the cracks and I find out they're younger, I will remove them.

- Tech nerds highly encouraged. I love discussing technology. Everything from retro or legacy soft/hardware to modern computing advances. I'm passionate about merging old, reliable tech with modern advances. 

- Skincare girlies (and guys) unite. I love discussing skin and haircare.

- Horror fans, internet surrealists, and digital art creators welcome! I'm a creative myself, with writing and digital collages under my belt. 

- Plant enthusiasts reach out! I have an impressive collection of houseplants and love to discuss and share them. 


You can find my other social profiles on my FriendRewind profile if you want to follow me elsewhere. I plan to make a GitLab account where I'll share some of my tech-related projects. And I'll write and post art here :D

You must be logged in to reply.