HI!!
SO as the title states I am looking for book recs.
I'm lowkey looking for a very specific type of book however.
I recently paused reading the song of Achilles on account of the fact that I don't feel like reading it knowing it has a sad ending. BUT before I stopped I really enjoyed the vibes of the book. I think In general I quite like greek mythology. HOWEVER, I don't think I really want to read greek mythology. but I want a book that is like the song of Achilles' first half or so.
OR
I'm also really am into
fairytale retellings.
for example I love ever after high and how much lore there is in the books but I'm not too interested in reading kids books. Ages ago I read a book called cinderella is dead and although the lore was good overall I'd say it was quite a weak book in terms of the actual writing and storytelling but if a book with a similar concept that was written better existed I'd run to the front soooo fast.
OR
I also love..
dystopian books.
'cinderella is dead' fell under that category as well which is why it was so fun
HOWEVER the thing about dystopian books is a lot of them seem to have romance as a central plot - which I hate. I know I read hunger games when I was younger but to be honest I do not remember reading it at all. However, even without reading the books I definitely would say I'd appreciate books like
-hunger games or
the maze runner series
TO SUMMARISE
I appreciate lore and excellent world building, dystopian settings and fairytale retellings
any recs are welcome !!