Home» Forum» Movies & TV» Niche/underrated anime reccs?

Niche/underrated anime reccs?

Back to Movies & TV

I'm still somewhat new to the genre, and id like to know if there are any niche/underrated animes out there!:lol: thanks!

I heavily recommend Love Chunibyo & Other Delusions. It’s a romcom, and this is coming from a person who’s favorite genre is horror, this is my favorite anime of all time. Another awesome underrated anime is Gakkou Gurashi/School Live (not to be confused with Love Live). Gakkou Gurashi has the craziest twist you’d never expect from the looks of the anime, it’s surprisingly disturbing. No piece of media has ever made me cry like Gakkou Gurashi. 

@badger.bastard thanks!! I'll check it out.

princess tutu, princess jellyfish and chois school road, are the first that come to mind

Super sugar rune, its in the magical girl genre so if you like it you should definitly give it a watch!! Its about two childhood friends coming into the human world to steal as much crystal hearts as possible (obtained by humans)

They're competing to know which one is gonna be the next queen! Im bad at explaining stuff but I promise this is super duper awesome!! :kitty:

MY NEW BOSS IS GOOFY. 100% UNDERRATED AND AMAZING.:meow:

I needed to scream this because it is too good not to watch or recommend. xoxo

nichijou and city! i love them with all my heart!

get crazy with the cheeze whiz! ^-^



Blood blockade battlefront, and Noragami, both used to be kinda popular (Noragami mostly) back when they came out (Noragami ruled the era before JJK) but no one really talks about them anymore. 

Blood Blockade Battlefront (Kekkai Sensen) is about an alien dimension merging with New York and turning into a whole new city where humans and aliens have to learn to coexist, the protagonist somehow joins a secret organization that aims to help with that cause -- it's got some great animation and also everyone who has been in a fandom knows its ending theme, "Sugar song and bitter step" which is the gif at the very top Idk how to bring it down my bad

Noragami is about a God who does odd jobs for 100 yen, protagonist sorta half dies and has to work with said God to find a solution to like. Stay alive . Also the God is Gojo before Gojo iykwim he was THEEE anime hot boy back Yato I miss u😢😢

Also Servamp!!!!!! about a broke orphan teenager who adopts a stray cat that ends up being a very lazy but strong vampire servant,, the manga ended last year and it's a hidden gem T-T 

I think the reccs from the others here are definitely worth checking out too I've watched them all LOL

@Fluffofy thanks!!!

kino's journey (2003 version, the 2017 kinda sucks lol)

natsume's book of friends (it has 7 seasons, and a movie and a bunch of OVAs so you're filled with content)

mushi-shi

the tatami galaxy

children of the whales is a good one! i watched it when i was pretty young so i don’t remember much, but i do remember it made me weep like a baby ^_^💧

Kaiba is really good.. I've rewatched it a lot and I never got tired of it

The animation, the style, the character designs are so visually charming, I love it a lot

The plot might be a little confusing, I warn you

Prometheus was punished by the gods for giving the gift of knowledge to man. He was cast into the bowels of the earth and pecked by birds.

You must be logged in to reply.