Home» Forum» General Discussion» need opinions from strangers

need opinions from strangers

Back to General Discussion

so, im talking to this guy from my city and i found out he's actually being 19, not my age (16) it turns out i was already interested in him before i found out he's going to be of legal age and im not. i feel uncomfortable with this age gap since i thought a relationship would develop from there. 

 do you think i should stop talking to him? :hmph:

This is just me, but maybe u should stop talking to him-- but make sure to end it on good terms yk :)!

yeesh stop talking to him

sekai de ichiban ohimesama

Yeah probably, just tell him you don’t think the age gap works for you but there’s no hard feelings!

yeah girl full stop right here

Yeah you should stop that immediately. That's not OK

You should stop talking to him 

As a 19 year old there is NO reason that guy should be going after you. He knows it too since he was hiding his age. Block him

yeah asap stop talking with that guy. Plus he's too old to even be thinking about dating a 16 yo

Definitely stop talking to him there is no reason why a 19 year old should even be interested in a 16 year old especially if he knew how old you are. That guy is a creep

I feel like I need to respond to this thread, because I have been there once upon a time.

For some context, I’m 32. When I look back at being 16, one thing my best friend and I both wish we had done was stay away from the older boys...I mean men. It only ever brought trouble, and looking back, it’s a huge ick.

Even when I was 19, I can look back now and think, "Would I have had the same interests, things in common, or life experiences with a 16 year old?" No. Because at 19, life is very different from being 16.

A 19 year old man has no business pursuing a 16 year old with the intent to date. That should be a very big waving red flag.

I’m not saying this to judge you or make you feel bad. I’m saying it because I was your age once, and hope you don't have the same regrets, or ick when looking back. Please don’t put yourself in a situation and stop talking to him today. 

For the sake of your safety and for the next girl's, please block him. You do not owe him (or anyone else) an explanation as to why. Please be safe!

Official FriendRewind Forum & Layout Moderator
Harley Quinn

I would stop talking to him! 


I ghost people often.. but this, this is a real reason to ghost someone. you could give him a paragraph if you feel like you want to give him an explanation, but then block him. never think about 'em again. bing bang boom.

It's important to learn to say no. Right now it's not too difficult as you can say 'it's illegal'. But there will be situations in life where the only reason you will want to say no is because you're uncomfortable, and you need to have the confidence to do that. Especially because people (men in particular) don't like it when you say no to them. Take this as an opportunity to build that skill.

Block him!!! And stay safe o(^o^)o

🔆Sol🔆

You must be logged in to reply.