I adore both but I may be biased having grown up with undertale lol
its weird to admit undertale was a test run for another game when it itself is AMAZING.
I adore both but I may be biased having grown up with undertale lol
its weird to admit undertale was a test run for another game when it itself is AMAZING.
Deltarune for me, grew up with both but Deltarune truly feels like the ultimate experience Toby wanted to give all along. While Undertale was a nice short, sweet and simpler story, Deltarune is clearly has more love put into it



undertale
i just like the feeling of it little more, very cozy to me
also grew up with Undertale but I might have to go with Deltarune....it's a very close second though, only because it has more content to soak up
Deltarune, didn't connect with Undertale that much but adore Deltarune
I love both games, especially bc each game were present in a specific phase of my life. Undertale was my childhood, and then, Deltarune became a part of my actually adolescence, but still, Undertale have something more magical, it really mean something to me that I can't put it on words.
I can't really choose honestly!
I find undertale to be good in the short story it tells, yet I also find deltarune good in the message it holds.
both have such differing intentions behind them and both are wondeful in their own, special ways.
plus, I grew up with undertale; I saw the fandom evolve right before my very eyes. it was terrifying and beautiful.
yet, I'm also growing with deltarune in a way. not in the same way, that's obvious, but I am watching it as it grows and morphs into the story it wants to tell.
it's like trying to pick between a puppy and a kitten. I love both too much to decide truly lol
Honestly? Undertale.
This game has given me so many memories, I've spent so many years in its fandom, I can almost say that it has shaped some part of me.
By the time Deltarune came out, I had lost interest in the first game, and now I can't say that this one has interested me in any way; it doesn't evoke the same feeling of delight in me.
This doesn't mean that I think the game is bad or uninteresting, perhaps I'm just attached to the first story and refuse to accept new stories and characters.
Personally I have to go with Deltarune, I really do have such strong emotional ties to Undertale but it definitely has a lot of weak aspects. I personally believe that not only does deltarune have better combat, sprite work, and puzzles I think Deltarune does a better job at conveying Toby Foxes messaging and themes for what these games represent... AND DELTARUNE IS ONLY 5/7s DONE!!!
Deltarune easily, hard not to pick deltarune when it just fleshes out every aspect of undertale and has a stronger story overall, at least so far. One thing that I prefer about undertale over deltarune is that you didn't have to wait a year for a chapter's release, the whole game was finished when it came out.
I didn't grow up w undertale, so I think my opinions may differ lolol
I adored Undertale and literally got emotional and cried at the pacifist ending. I'm on chapter 4 of deltarune, so idk know if i'm missing sth important, but for me undertale was better. However, it might be because for me the story is more important than the fighting parts, deltarune is more fun as character-wise/funny dialogues/rich battles (and it's longer), but it's like the storyline is sometimes all over the place (not a bad thing!!)or it will get connected in other chapters. So both games have their charms in different areas I think. I'm thankful to the creater for making both of these games! <33
Undertake has a better story so I’d def go with it.
Plus I’ve grown up with it
Never played deltarune, heard it was good and watched gameplay ![]()
While DELTARUNE is definitely a better game that I enjoy playing more, UNDERTALE will always take a special place in my heart because of how positively affected my life - from the person I grew to be, to the friends I got a pleasure of meeting. It has such a compelling world full of so many great, real characters! The themes and metanarrative of this game is also done soooo well I can forgive how primitive the gameplay can be at times. And the fan content that was produced, imo, is a whole cultural phenomenon in itself that I am yet to see another example of.
Truly the most impactful game of my life.



Deltarune Is The Better Game In My Opinion BUT PERSONALLY Undertale IM BIASED BECAUSE I GREW UP WITH IT But COME ON That Was My First Yuri .ABD MY FIRST YAOI .TS SHIT HISTORICAL IN MY BOOK .I LOVEEE UNDERTALE

I love both of those games and hold them very dear to my heart and as someone who grew up playing Undertale as a kid, I have to go with Deltarune.
I remember bawling my eyes out at the pacifist route of Undertale, I loved the cozyness of it and I still listen to the OST as it just never fails to make me emotional. It shaped me into the person I am today and who I want to be going forward, as well as if it wasn’t for Undertale I wouldn’t be perusing my career in art/animation and to strive to create something purely out of passion and dedication!
While on the other hand, I think the story of Deltarune is heading in such an interesting direction. Each chapter outdoes itself from the one before it! Its got a stronger story and message and I just absolutely love ALL the characters in Deltarune (literally wouldn’t be able to name one character I hate if I tried lol), the music is absolutely incredible and the gameplays SO much fun! I didn't really get super uncomfortable doing the genocide route for Undertale but the weird route of Deltarune ACTUALLY captures the feeling of that guilt and dread of actively doing those morally wrong options which I think Undertale was slightly weaker at.
i grew up with Undertale and i truly fell in love with its story and mainly everything from it,, but, as much as i love it, i prefer Deltarune. there's just so much more passion towards it and not to mention how interesting the story's getting.
I love both, but i really have to say deltarune. Undertale is a great game, really, it changed me in ways i cant describe and is a huge creative influence for me and millions of others. i think deltarune is more polished and higher quality, and has a way more complicated story so far that i find very interesting. i also just really like the gameplay of deltarune more than undertale
hmmmmm maybe undertale...but i really love deltarune asw!! undertale is more nostaglic :)
undertale undertale undertale
@livingdeadg1rl woooaaaahhhhh woaah story of undertale
I do adore both games. But I like Deltarune that much more for it being a bit more grounded. Showing that all characters have flaws. Instead of pure unadulterated joy all the time. You have bursts of positivity, and the occasional comedown of negativity. It is why I like the neutral endings of Undertale more than the Bad Kid or Pacifism routes. Joy with out sorrow is a soulless existence.
8v ]
You must be logged in to reply.