I know it’s a niche topic but as someone who loves media from the UK I wonder if anyone has any favorites of their own. I also just want some good suggestions too
I know it’s a niche topic but as someone who loves media from the UK I wonder if anyone has any favorites of their own. I also just want some good suggestions too
@🖤♥️Princess Peroxide♥️🖤 Doing a quick search, was it Doc Martin? Also I’ll definitely check these out when I get the chance
hmmm, probably mr. bean. and some other things i'm forgetting right now. i don't watch a lot of it but i'm appreciative of uk media.
Peep show!! It’s a bit old so some of the jokes are a bit controversial which im not the biggest fan of but other than that it can be really funny, it’s filmed from the perspectives of the characters too which makes it a really awkward and unique watch
Friday night dinner!! Its one of my favourite shows lol
- father ted
- red dwarf
- blackadder
- bottom
- absolutely fabulous
also love peep show, league of gentlemen and mighty boosh ![]()

My mom moved us from southern California to Bristol England when i was a little kid, mid/early 90s.
Lived there for 6 years.
For this reason i have a love for british humor in general,
and have a special place in my heart for "red dwarf" and fawlty towers. Which i generally liked more than monty python.
Despite Fawlty Towers being from the late 70s i still find it absolutely uproariously hilarious. John Cleese is a god.
Red Dwarf still can get a giggle once in a while out of me but mosty its like a warm blanket. reminds me of other times, feels cozy to have playing in the background if im doing other things.
Dave lister is definitely partly my spirit animal.

@⸸⸸⸸𝕶𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖌𝖆𝐳𝖒𝖔𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖓⸸⸸⸸
lister is my personal free time spirit animal for sure
however at work, i'm 100% rimmer XDD


Red Dwarf is my go-to for the classics, Vicar of Dibley is another good one!! But if we're talking more modern, I really like Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, both the web series and the TV show (but the web series will always win imo)
Cunk on Earth is a treasure to all of mankind



beautiful thing (1996), it's a really great british queer-movie (even if outdated in some areas)!
slight spoilers: i still hated sandra (the mom) and didn't get why she broke up with tony (her boyfriend) even if he was extremely nice and chill about her son being gay, and still loved her! he was even kind enough to help that one girl (i forgot her name) when she was on drugs even if she said and did some pretty bad shit in the story. the ending was super sweet though, and i loved the slow dance jamie and ste shared
Mighty Boosh, easily, hands down. That show has a death grip on my soul. Beware if you vocal stim, because your entire vocal stim bank will be replaced with stuff from that show LMAO




probably teotfw
A lot of what has already been mentioned in the thread. Red Dwarf, Black Adder being some majors. I also really liked the original Hitchhikers Guide BBC series. All of these series are a comforting nostalgic experience.
I also enjoyed the old Narnia series as a kid. As for newer stuff, I regularly watch MasterChef The Professionals (UK), as I tend to enjoy cooking shows in general.
There’s a lot of other UK media that I’ve enjoyed over the years. Growing up in Canada, UK media was readily available and always on the television back in the day.
I've always had a soft spot for Emmerdale and Coronation Street, grew up watching them, they're definitely the best British soaps there are
@thevoidisred
Limmy, yes. Actually good comedy.
the IT Crowd
The Inbetweeners makes me laugh everytime I rewatch it. I also used to really like Death in Paradise, Are You Being Served, You Rang M'Lord, Hi De Hi and the first four seasons of Grange Hill. I love watching GBBO too :D
As a Brit I just wanted to jump in and just say how brilliant some of these suggestions are and nicely surprised at some of them. Just to throw another couple out there are Skins (personally I only prefer the first two series) and Garth Merangi's Darkplace.
You must be logged in to reply.