I'm Gonna start i kinda want rave and ambient dance to come back
I'm Gonna start i kinda want rave and ambient dance to come back
nu metal coming back would be pretty cool
@stevee I think it is a little, it's just the new stuff is a little lamer. Still good stuff tho. Chrome.fm does some good stuff and people are kicking it to limp bizkit to this day cuz of all the collabs they've been up to. Nu Metal is definetly on its way back in![]()
@stevee I'm really not a nu metal fan (at least not beyond the kind of guilty pleasure nostalgia I get for the stuff I grew up on) -- that said, there's been a bunch of artists I've stumbled across in recent years (Papercut, Bodyweb, Crossways.3000, Purity, etc) that seem to really be going hard into bringing nu metal back wholesale. And what I've heard of it (for me anyway, as a non-fan, so take my opinion with salt) surpasses a significant chunk of anything that actually came out of nu metal in the '90s-00s in terms of quality.
trip hop omggggggggggg
also shoegaze technically has already had it's comeback but i really hope we get new bands that are more inspired by the golden-era bands and less of the "post-grunge + reverb"
I second this... but for just grunge.
As much as I like some of the 'grungegaze' stuff this decade has produced (like Fleshwater, julie, etc.) and the return of loud-soft-loud dynamics and more lo-fi dirty production (seriously, metalcore/djent sterilized tf out of everything so it's been a nice pendulum swing 😭), I think the whole trend/subgenre has kinda been played out at this point -- and it'd be nice to get some real sharp feedback-heavy chonky-riff driven nasty stuff (like old school Melvins, Helmet, Tad, Unsane, etc.) that isn't just drowned in reverb and mumble vocals.
The 90s had a great swing revival. Would love to see another go around like that
swing revival is so good !!! god the horn players are insane
there is still a bit of swing revival but to see it back in full swing (haha) again would be so sick
@thevoidisred
I've been scoping out Bandcamp for the last 14 years (though, admittedly it's been a while) and I don't know that I've ever found what I'm looking for... maybe help a starving child out and drop some names?
You must be logged in to reply.