Home» Forum» Movies & TV» Whats a anime/show/fixation that stuck with you forever and healed you?

Whats a anime/show/fixation that stuck with you forever and healed you?

Back to Movies & TV

For context, ive been a kpop fan for like 2-3 years now and i didnt know that theres an anime that can practically change my life forever. Normally, when i watch an anime, its either ill like it for a while and completely forgot it or stay for a year and disappear. But, ever since ive watched Hetalia, thats when everything started to change.

I discovered hetalia back in 7th/8th grade. I was scrolling at tiktok that day when i came across a full episode of it..And as a retired Country Human fan, ive never felt this interested and immediatly watched the show..and oh god, it was a good hell of a show. (i mostly found the dub ver so funny)

Tho.. despite the past version of the fandom...Honestly i also love how some hetalia fans are also funny and knows a bit of history to acknowledge what hetalia is and the characters of the show.

If you have any anime, show or a fixation you can tell the comments below your story and how you discovered them :)

Fuckkk .Honestly The Movie Surfs Up .ITS PRETTY STUPID AND SHIT But The Point Where Like The Characters Were Just Having Fun Together Surfing Accompanied With That Sugar Ray Song Just Hit Me So Bad Especially In The Lyrics I Cried So Much CRO <\\3It Hit Me In The Way That Like .Things Do Get Better And Stuff Since I Was In A Depressive/Suicidal Rut At The Time

OH AND THE ANIME FLCL TOO It Was So Cool I Really Loved How Absurd It Was First Watch It Really Pushed Me To Be More Creative And Actually Write Things For My Characters 

@🤡 Kidneys / Merry !! i gotta watch surfs up.........

this too shall pass


she/any ⭐︎

I'd have to say PJSK, I got into it New Years 2024, and it literally CHANGED me, I think the reason why it never left my head cause I see myself in Nene Kusanagi WAYYY to much. The story is just as good as HSR and Genshin's. Whenever I listen to the songs I genuinely cry, especially when I know the stories behind them. I found it due to ItzJolted, and I could NEVER thank her enough. When I was gonna give up last year, this media saved me. In specific it was funnily Wonderlands x Showtime, the happiest subgroup. The media made me LOVE storymaking and telling, music, and art analysis.

I'm so happy whenever I see baby PJSK players, cause IK the media will change them as much as me. I've made so many friends just by liking PJSK. Which improved my mental alot. So many of my fondest memories included PJSK.

:meow: ughhh i WISH i got into it when "On This Holy Night I Sing" was still new...

@zephyrc1de hi! i also love pjsk !! although i joined in 2021 ive never read any pjsk stories,, u have motivated me to go back and read what i missed out on

got ensemble stars because i love rhythm games, ended up following the lore of an entire unit for 3 years!! and i still love them even tho i quit the game... (valkyrie)
they had the best character development and i cried reading their old stories when their relationship wasn't healthy. it was so healing to watch them change and heal from their past

I'd say Houseki no Kuni and Food Fantasy.

Houseki no Kuni was very important in my understanding of gender (by which i mean, i have stopped trying to understand, it's meaningless to me and I'm having much more fun that way) and just the whole story was so great, I've never been this emotionally in a story in my life. Something about both missing the beginning of the story, yet understanding that in the end, everyone was happy. It was a happy ending. Even if it is technically a tragedy, at least everyone was happy. So how can I not be happy ? Also helped me through a lot of anger and hatred i had all the time. Thanks Phos

As for Food Fantasy, it's much less deep? But it awakened my slight obsession with gijinkas, and it's basically my special interest at this point. I've put, and still am putting so much love and effort in my relationship chart, it's so beautiful, and it's the only project I've managed to carry through till the end and, despite it having been 5 years I've worked on it, it's still ongoing!! :D I am able to do things! And finish them! And stay interested in them for more than 3 weeks! It makes me so happy

Now you're the only one here who can tell me if it's true
That you love me
And I love me :3c

how to train your dragon

pronouns: she/her, refer as ariadne [brazilian]
night-owl

There's a few that I can name... I'd say what stuck with me the most has to be 12 oz. mouse, neon genesis and jjba 

Really random mix, but I have rewatched nge and 12om so many times and I never got sick of it..And as for jjba, I've had a 2 year long fixation on the whole series at one point and it's still stuck with me

Prometheus was punished by the gods for giving the gift of knowledge to man. He was cast into the bowels of the earth and pecked by birds.

Welcome to the NHK.

Having been in a very similar situation to Satou Tatsuhiro, having been unknowingly rescued from hikikomoridom by a, at the time, manic pixie dream girl.
Gosh, it's practically a yearly tradition to rewatch it, i relate to Satou so much, especially with his fucked up tendencies and mannerisms!

It's a really lovely show, i should totally read the manga sometime.
And i'll totally be free from being a NEET, very, very soon.

let teh gabberz (move yr loli body!)

i finally got around to listening to malevolent the audio drama like a month ago and it rocked my world dude i think it changed the way my brain operates

i'm not gonna get into specifics but the way the show handles grief, forgiveness & what it means to be human in such a delicate and raw matter i could go on for hours......... go listen to it now now nowwww

this too shall pass


she/any ⭐︎

Probably Amphibia. I watched the show years ago as a dare (my old friends thought it was cringy), and it's stuck with me since. I had to keep liking it a secret lmao. Yes, it can be corny, but it's so comforting in many aspects, especially since that era of my life was so isolating due to Covid. The characters are relatable, even if you don't like them, and for a kids' show it's surprisingly realistic in most aspects. 

A more recent one is definitely the Beatles. I've grown up with them, but I never really got into them, if you know what I mean. I honestly don't know what switch flipped in my brain, but a year ago I started getting really into them. Maybe it's because of the nostalgia, or that they just have awesome music for any mood and genre. 

I saw the tv glowwwww

I would have to say nana, jjba, attack on titan. Nana really tore me up, it showed me how relationships can make or break you. and that humans choose to hate love, and also  it portrays the unpredictability of life and how unexpected circumstances can impact one's pursuit of happiness. Attack on titan bc that was one of my first big anime ive watched...lke my 20th anime. And the plot was just so damn good, i still think and talk about it everyday. and jjba i just finished that two days ago...and man that shit was amazing 

“It’s my own honor that depends on me. I’ve chosen to walk my own path in a life that’s nobody else’s.”

I’d like to think that for most people, including myself, every piece of media fundamentally changes us after we watch it. Otherwise it was not good media. Even things we dislike changes it all refines us but if I had a single something out, it wouldn’t be an anime or a TV show or a movie or even a book. It would be a single album an album, so beautiful and somber that it has defined my entire internal soundtrack and mental aesthetic since listening to it almost 15 years ago and that album would be “Soon It Will Be Cold Enough” by Emancipator

i saw the tv glow, which made me get on testosterone and think a lot about dissociation. serious weakness by porpentine charity heartscape, which is a novel about "a decay that destroys your future." it put a lot of things into words that i could never figure out how to say myself. and still can't honestly. the black dresses discography and a lot of ada rook's solo work for similar reasons. and unfortunately also, dream smp during quarantine. little pieces of c!tommy in everything i write, forever and ever and ever. thank you jane schoenbrun, porpentine, rook, devi, and tommyinnit for all somehow being integral to me accepting i have cptsd lol.

slayyyter in front of blue fireworks

for me it has to be naruto, the show means a lot to me. i remember coming home from school and both of my brothers would run to the tv to continue watching it. i didnt end up actually trying to finish the series until around a year ago, but i regret not starting it earlier. its now my favorite show, and it means so much to me lol, the original show is super nostalgic for me now

Slam Dunk for sureee 🔥 it will forever remain as my #1 sports anime AND manga oat


It presented one of the most realistic portrayal of sportsmanship in sports anime unlike the ones that have lightning shooting in their eyes or alpha aura oozing off of the characters for the hype in modern sports anime lmaoo. What made Slam Dunk feel more real is the toxic masculinity that lived off of some of the characters until they kinda get their shit together.


I only decided to start this anime bc I heard its manga has the same author of Vagabond cuz.. who knew that one the most iconic seinen manga also has the same author of the most iconic sports manga in Japan right??


I wasn't really into basketball that much but this anime made me kinda get into it now. This show made me regret letting my personal dilemmas get to me and to not give up on my dreams so easily. I had so much potential and yet I gave up on my dream of competing with other school playing badminton due to my fear of failure.


I experienced a lot of secondhand embarrassment and annoyance with the main character's decisions at first ngl, so I never knew that this guy will eventually become one of my inspirations in the end.


But also the The Owl House lol cuz that was my shi frr (i need that new graphic novel already broo😔)

Love Live! pretty much set the course of my life starting from 17. Funnily enough, I did not like idols at the time because I was like "I'm a boy, their voices are too high pitched, weeeh" like a dumbass. But seeing idols dancing and singing on stage, fighting tooth and nail for their dreams and the ability to shine on others, it really inspires you. Have been a diehard fan supporting every idol that believes in their dream since.


Also Anohana. Anohana was less life altering and more "stuck with me" kind as I still randomly remember that show's ending and tear up solely from the memory of it, truly a beautiful show.

You must be logged in to reply.