Home» Forum» Music» A thought about The Beatles? (Beatle's fans only please)

A thought about The Beatles? (Beatle's fans only please)

Back to Music

I was thinking this morning after watching The Beatle's videos "Free as a Bird", "Real Love", and "Now and Then" that they never really hated each other and that it was just the many years of never ending stress and pressure put on them by the music business itself and the people around them treating them as some sort of hit making/money making machine. I think that everybody was so infatuated with their music that they ultimately forgot that they were just 4 people who desperately needed a break from it all and each other.


I can't help but feel that if they were just given a few years off from the whole business side of it and were only allowed to talk on the phone and write songs independently that it would have seriously been good for their mental well being and friendship. Then after two years have passed setup a physical band meeting in a nuetral place where nobody felt more comfortable than the other or had the edge over one another where they could just spend 4 days together, kind of like they did on the Anthology sessions many years after John's death at Paul's home. The meeting house would of course have a big music room and recording studio with all of their instruments of choice. They would be the only 4 people there like the old days, no record producers, no managers, no media, no girlfriends, no pressure to actually do anything but talk and mess around with their instruments. I bet that they may have been able to patch things up between them and actually breathe again? Maybe all they needed was a little break from the mental and physical strain of it all? They may have decided to get back together and make another legendary album? 


Final Thought:

Nobody really cared about the mental stress that was put on The Beatles as people over the years and the toll that it took on them. They only cared about the hit making machine that was "The Fab Four".


I wouldn't consider myself a fanatical or world's over the top fan of the Beatles but I did enjoy their music and grew up in their era and owned a number of their albums back when I was in school, which I think every kid in my era did. At the present I probably have about a dozen of their albums in our record collection to date that I enjoy giving a spin from time to time. 

Having grown up IN the music industry all my life I have seen the toll both physically and mentally it can take on people and how destructive the industry can be. That road is a long hard one to hoe, the many miles and long hours put on ones body, the lack of sleep and not eating right, the boozing and drugs and I can go on and on from firsthand accounts of what road life is like. 

It can and will eat you up and spit you out and lay you to waste as it has to many, many artists that have left this world way to soon due to the pressures of the industry and road life, not to mention has broken up many successful and should've been successful bands. It is a extremely cutthroat business.

It is rare for a band to have that EDGE and LONGEVITY to last the years that some of these bands have lasted. Which by all rights they should've fell to the wayside long before but they managed to get their heads finally pulled out of their asses and hit the straight and narrow, because they almost destroyed themselves at their peak. 

You must be logged in to reply.