Home» Forum» Movies & TV» Can someone recommend me a movie that will destroy me in the most beautiful way?

Can someone recommend me a movie that will destroy me in the most beautiful way?

Back to Movies & TV

I’m looking for a movie that hits really hard emotionally and leaves you thinking about it for days after watching it.

I want something deeply emotional, meaningful, and thought-provoking — a movie about life, love, relationships, loss, loneliness, or just the complicated side of being human.

Not necessarily a movie that’s simply sad. I want something that makes you feel emotionally connected to the characters and leaves you sitting there in silence after the credits.

Basically, I want a movie that stays with me long after I’ve finished watching it.

Hamnet (2025) is a very emotional look into the lives of two people as they struggle to recover from a family tragedy. It's also based off of Shakespeare's life. The Girl Who Cried Pearls (2025) is a short film but it's very cute and kind of sad in an uncomfortable kind of way. For an animated feature length I recommend Studio Ghibli's The Wind Rises (2013). 

From a personal standpoint, I've never been able to stop thinking about Buffalo 66. You do need a little background knowledge on Vincent Gallo to have it really hit though. Let me know if any of these appeal to you or if I'm off the mark!

-Your position on the dance floor is your position in the dream world-

You must be logged in to reply.