Home» Forum» General Discussion» What's a word that u irrationally hate?

What's a word that u irrationally hate?

Back to General Discussion
Listing 41-60 of 75   < Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >   Latest ↓

A word where there's nothing wrong with it by any means, but it really irks u when u hear it/read it for some reason. 

I'll go first: Kiddo

The words that come to mind are the kind of buzzwords used in tiktok and youtube video essays…  “the (random ass word)ification of…”– As soon as I hear that I suddenly lose all interest in what they had to say. Even if it was a good point.

Was it that hard to find a synonym?? You bothered to make a whooole video essay and couldn't bother to make a decent title huh… 

@‧₊˚☁️⋅Cloud⋅☁️˚₊‧ sorry squad, but enshittification is pure poetry

@tellmesecrets I still cant 😔. It generates a visceral rejection from the deepest parts of my psyche that makes me want to pry my eyes off. It doesnt matter the quality of the content, as my brain already categorized it all as slop

Replying to @zincbro (post is on page 2): “@GORGELLAI gotta ask: Does "goon" include even when it means a henchman/grunt? Or is it only the version about jerkin'?”

@zincbro  nahh dont worry just the jerkin part. I used to actually like the word I thought it sounded silly and fun😞🥀💔

Replying to @Nehiri (post is on page 1): “"irregardless"IT'S NOT A FUCKING WORDREGARDLESS MEANS THE SAME THING”

@Nehiri

I am with you! Drives me crazy because irregardless is a non standard word (not a real word) that is also a double negative. JUST USE REGARDLESS. :viking:

**I am passionate about this one apparently**

@Fabian Dee

Hilarious that that shit is even now in peoples titles.  

Worship Me -- I am dead

The word "batch". It annoys me, I don't know why, but the "b" at the start with the "tch" sound at the end... I just can't stand it.

Any word used as a form of censorship online. Stuff like "sewerslide," "grape" or "unalive." I understand that it's because of AI moderation on these sites, but they infantilize serious topics. If you're not going to give these subjects the seriousness they deserve, then don't make a post or comment about it. 

I feel asleep!

MOUTHFEEL. Ugh. Feels so dirty.

When someone I am not familiar with calls me 'sister', especially if they're religious #cultvibes

The names of body parts, I pretty much hate all of them💀

be kind<

@Miss Fairy✨ I’d like to add these two made up words: nothingburger and butthurt. 🤮

be kind<

''bloated''. i have no idea why but ever since i was a wee lad, i've harbored a deep sense of hatred for it and try to avoid using it at all costs

phantom...

It just looks wrong after a while... I don't know why but every time I look at it...

queue, the way it's pronounced doesn't make sense 2 me 4 sum reason??? lmao

𝘐'𝘮 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘺!! ⭐

Larp and when people say specific ocean instead of Pacific ocean 🫩

Im Billie Joe Armstrong<

"Fakey". Like when people are talking about artificial flavors.

I ended up looking for this thread specifically because I got reminded how much I hate it. It's incredibly annoying sounding to me, and tends to only show up in really pretentious conversations. Eugh.

❝ Smartasses get killed. We always see to that. ❞ — The Legion

I'll never understand the word "corny" or "cornball"
I didn't know me liking or doing something was apparently corny now.

Not really a world but I can't stand how people put "slop" at anything nowadays. Friendslop, Heroslop, Franchiseslop etc. 

TikTok and Instagram is full of people just waiting to argue with each other and I think this, dare I say, "suffix", is one of its more prominent symptoms.

Anyone can wear the mask. You could wear the mask.

I cannot stand people who use "whimsy" as an adjective. "This is so whimsy!" "How do you become whimsy?" 

IT'S WHIMSICAL. THE WORD YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS WHIMSICAL!

In a similar vein, I do not like people who call things "aesthetic."


“My duty to myself is to amuse myself terrifically.” ― Oscar Wilde, Only Dull People Are Brilliant at Breakfast
Listing 41-60 of 75   < Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >   Latest ↓

You must be logged in to reply.