Home» Forum» General Discussion» What's a word that u irrationally hate?

What's a word that u irrationally hate?

Back to General Discussion
Listing 21-40 of 75   < Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >   Latest ↓

A word where there's nothing wrong with it by any means, but it really irks u when u hear it/read it for some reason. 

I'll go first: Kiddo

cup, the way the c sounds makes me cringe for some reason. Or definitely because I can never spell it right

so this is hell...what a sight

some1 already said it, but larp. its legit a culture why are we using it as a negative word that ALREADY exists. the word poser already exists, the word trendhopper already exists T_T

other than that tho, NICHE. i hate its usage nowadays tbh so thats probably why it annoys the fuck out of me when i see it used or said online; its a term for a biological occupation that an organism/species has in an ecosystem, a kinda shelf in a wall, a place that is best suited for you or something esoteric. people keep forgetting that it has other uses and its super annoying whenever im trying to share my academic work w/ people cuz they dont understand that it has multiple definitions.

“Quench” would be a good contender I would say. I just… hate how it sounds lol.


I also don’t really care for “adulting”, I don’t know what it is about it, but it just makes me angry. And it just sounds dumb on top of that.


And the one that’s been bothering me lately is how people use “slop” as a suffix. For example, indieslop, friendslop… I don’t know. It’s become so overused to the point where I can’t take it seriously.


Finally, I hate those Twitter tier abbreviations, like “oomf” or whatever. Say that to me and I’m just gonna punch you in the face.

"Why do we always hurt the ones we care about the most?" - Veronica, Fallout New Vegas

~Poble — Visit my website!

penis. ew ew ew ewwww just say cock or dick or whatever like say anything else

we'll pretend to leave and then, we'll meet again, when both our cars collide.

@savvluvsllamas__ OMG SAME. Idek why but the word just grosses me out, same with cock tbh. And idk if this was a global thing but like a year or so ago (people still sometimes do it now tho) everyone at school would randomly shout the word and I'm trying so hard not to tell them to stfu. Kinda ironic that I hate it considering that as a trans guy I sorta want one lol

boner, why does it have to be her's ? 

"Methinks". What a stupid word.

I agree with hating the word goon, how as an aussie can I now ask my mates to get a "goonbag"..they don't know what they've stolen from me..

"Weird." I feel like people throw this one around too much. The ones that do have been living in a comfortable bubble for too long and not getting acquainted with real life and different people. It's judgemental, and a dysphemism for interesting and different. Because apparently the same thing day in day out is the way to go for some people. Lulz ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

i am perpetually peeved by the spelling of the word "stationery". being accustomed to "stationary" for so long and learning of its annoying homophone for writing supplies just... yuck yuck yuck. i find myself with much disdain for any words that i can ALMOST spell right, but have one little thing about them that makes me goof up and typo.

cute character calling on cell phone Stay giggly!

"larp" in the modern sense is taken so let me think here...*processing...* done!


idk if someone already said this but it's less of a word and more of a phrase. it's "i'm/we're cooked." because whenever i see it, it's almost always in the defeatist mindset "doomer" sorta way like, it's genuinely sad to me how many people simply refuse to have any sort of hope or drive to solve a problem, large or small, since it's easier to wallow in sorrow and just think there's nothing you can do.

and for a lot of things like AI being pumped into our daily lives? that sort of hopeless resignation is just what our overlords want!! we need to start being a little more "hopecore," as silly as that sounds, but that may just be me :P

I have to go now. My planet needs me. :3
Replying to @Sardonic The Hedgehog (post is on page 1): “Portmanteau is a great word, but all portmanteaus are hot dog water. All corporate buzzwords are of the devil. Come to think of it, these two circles overlap...”

@Sardonic The Hedgehog

The corporate buzzwords are the worst, I agree with this.  It was what first came to mind when I read the forum topic. The words are often not the problem, but the corporate context they fall into. "Bandwidth", "leverage", "synergy", "agile" and being called "rock star". Pure, concentrated hatred.  

Worship Me -- I am dead

@Kommando Mutiliid I think we're well-aligned on some key metrics here.


Replying to @Gray (post is on page 1): “Yikes.The hatred started when yikes became like Redditor speak and I kept seeing it used after one someone would say the tamest thing or have a normal opinion.”

@Gray

These days if I see a yikes I take it I'm moving in the right direction 

Replying to @GORGELLA (post is on page 1): “gooning, gooner, goon -----I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT ”

@GORGELLA

I gotta ask: Does "goon" include even when it means a henchman/grunt? Or is it only the version about jerkin'?

Uh-oh, I know thats not an actual word but it just gives me an ick when someone says it with that worried ahh accent 

Can't really think of many tbh but I have slight beef with the word iron. I'm basically over it now cause it was years ago lol, but when I was about 7, I was doing a reading test at school where I had to look at a word and say it aloud, and I kept pronouncing it with the r, and the teacher kept telling me that that was incorrect but I didn't know any other way to pronounce it so it got to a point where I started crying cause I couldn't figure it out. ALSO I just thought of another one, I hate the word pronunciation. I only found out a couple months ago that it's pronounced and spelt like 'nun' not 'noun' and it pmo

The word cock when its said by an American it just sounds too porn-y ✌️

''I'm not gonna bum in ur house or anything''- Chezdan Mills, 2009✧・゚: ✧・゚:.・゜

@Fabian Dee Sporting?

@Fabian Dee Yeah, that's among the worst of it. I remember someone talking about the business being an arena and then this or that tangential (product? service?) being somewhere we're looking to play. Nah, man. Let's just make widgets and sell them.

Listing 21-40 of 75   < Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >   Latest ↓

You must be logged in to reply.