Inspired by @zincbro
What are names that causes you to have second thoughts about that person? Or just names you hate?
Inspired by @zincbro
What are names that causes you to have second thoughts about that person? Or just names you hate?
I always liked the name Hunter and thought it'll be a cool name if I have a son. But then the Hunter Biden stuff happened and the name feels cursed now.
Also I had a very bad experience with someone named Dylan to the point I feel uneasy if I see the name.
Shame the name has to be so common too!

hans. from frozen. ;-;
Sebastián
Patricia, Sasha, Daniel/Danil, Kasper, Lauma.
No particular reasoning, really :P
Cathy! 😄
Names from low-trust societies/countries, one in particular.
Lynnette and Christine
sean.. i know its pronounced "shawn" but sometimes my brain goes weird and i pronounce it as "seen" ![]()


@Sparklingsound For awhile I pronounced Jorge incorrectly

Jackson (ex), Alex (ex), Jenna (ex friend), Waylon (my friend's ex husband), Madison (ex), Derek (just don't like the name, and not including the wonderful Deryck I have added on here who I have known for many years)

claire and adam...never again...

eden...nevaeh...![]()

Kyle.
Becca.
payton. ive had 2 bad experiences with ppl named that and ive only met 2 payton’s ;-;
First of all, no offense to anyone with any of these names, I have friends with some of the names I hate...
... but what first comes to mind is Mackenzie, McKenna, McAnything for a girl for that matter. Mc/Mac literally means "son of." She's a girl, not a son of anyone.
Also, there's this. And those of you who knew me on Spacehey might have seen the time I rewrote this bit with girls' names. (NSFW warning: language)
As for how most people interpreted this question, though, I don't tend to have consistent bad experiences with anyone who has a certain name. I've had consistent interesting experiences with girls named Holly, not necessarily all bad, but interesting. And I tend to name douchebag guys in fiction Ryan and Shane, but not all Ryans and Shanes that I've known have been jerks.
Ashley😒
You must be logged in to reply.