Home» Forum» General Discussion» What knowledge would you bring to 1000 BC?

What knowledge would you bring to 1000 BC?

Back to General Discussion
Listing 41-52 of 52   < Prev 1 2 3   Latest ↓

say you were dropped into the past by three thousand years. It is the Iron age, the world population is about 50 million, there is rice in vietnam, the phoenician alphabet is invented. The small seeds of a comfortable life has been sown, we are becoming farmers and exchanging information. 


I give you the freedom to choose where you want to be dropped off, you can be latin (they just started finding italy so yay to you guys!) or maybe you want to start in the United Kingdom of Israel (no not the one we have now, the one from the bible, genuinely 3000 years ago) there are Iranians in persia so maybe you wanna be there!! the Kenyans are farming, so that’s very cool.


you are you, with all the knowledge of the 21st century that you possess in your brain, what are you teaching the people of the past?

𐔌՞ ܸ.ˬ.ܸ՞𐦯
Replying to @⟢ (post is on page 2): “I would monopolize what I know, money in exchange for information..Im sorry but I fear money is the most important thing to me..”

@⟢ what would you buy with all that money 1000 BC? there wasn’t much to do or buy that would make one hoard wealth.

secondly, what is the knowledge you’re planning on monopolising?

𐔌՞ ܸ.ˬ.ܸ՞𐦯

@ziv for one, I'd monopolize my knowledge on medicine, since I fear their treatments for illnesses weren't very sanitary, nor were they affective..

second, I'd mainly build a fortress, since I assume raids are quite common back then.. and I'd collect elite guards like Pokémon and build an army.. 

and possibly pay people to build libraries, increase literary rates, and probably establish socialism..

Replying to @ziv (post is on page 2): “@Wiredoomed unfortunatly you would be 750 years too late!! he was more of a 1750 BC guy rather than 1000 BC”

@ziv

(I know but still if I got teleported to the 10th century before I could find a way to go to the 18th as well) 

"Dünya sevgisi bütün hataların başıdır."
- Resulullah s.a.v.

Tell them about the first moon landing :]

@Stargazer_Lillies11 ooooh that’s an interesting one! what do you think it’ll change in our time?

𐔌՞ ܸ.ˬ.ܸ՞𐦯

@ziv

I honestly don't really know, I'm just a space nerd who would be interested in what would happen (ᵕ—ᴗ—) but I can at least kinda assume some things!

It'd probably bring some sort of hope.(??) (if people really believed me) Hearing something that sounds so impossible being a thing in the future would be so shocking; Even if its a pretty long time, the idea that going on the Moon is a possibility would make impossible things and concepts feel possible.

Hand washing

@camsterbawl would you invent soap, or are you satisfied with just water?

𐔌՞ ܸ.ˬ.ܸ՞𐦯

can i bring anything with me? i could bring a bunch of computer parts and a gas-powered electric generator (probably with some cans of gas too) and build a computer

So many decisions... honestly anywhere across Europe, but especially Scotland and Danubian regions, though Italy would be interesting as well if it was before the roman era. I'd die to be able to ask about pre-christian beliefs and culture. What's with Cernunnos? Which other deities have we forgotten? How many deities/mythical entities were genuinely entities and which ones were metaphors even back then? Not sure if any of my knowledge would be useful/relevant in the Iron Age (psychology is very dependent on the environment/societal context which would have been extremely different), but I could always just relay music and games from the future, maybe teach them some clumsy modern clothes patterns. Ohhh and I'd teach them to write, poof, literacy for everyone please record your culture and stash it away from danger pretty pretty please

More places to visit: that one archaeological site that shows remains of multiple layers of burning that makes it sound like the settlement had dragon problems, would love to figure out what was going on there. that shore above Egypt where an extinct flower has been documented to have been harvested which we can no longer even guess the genus of. just wherever there's an ancient mystery that we no longer have the context to solve.

Basic human decency because apparently that’s how far back we have to go to fix this mess

I would just scream about ever-shifting paintings glowing of blue moonlight and powered by Zeus's rage

Listing 41-52 of 52   < Prev 1 2 3   Latest ↓

You must be logged in to reply.