Home» Forum» Games» Looking for Visual Novel Recs!

Looking for Visual Novel Recs!

Back to Games
Listing 21-40 of 40   < Prev 1 2   Latest ↓

Hey! This is exactly what it says on the tin. I've been getting into visual novels a little more recently, and I'd love to check out more of them. If you have any that you particularly enjoy or think I should play, please share them here!

I have already played or am currently playing:

  • Tsukihime
  • Hatoful Boyfriend/Hatoful Boyfriend Holiday Star
  • We Know The Devil

I have these on my list already:

  • Fate/Stay Night
  • Umineko/Higurashi/Ciconia When They Cry
Mysterious WizardThe Radio StarMysterious Wizard
Replying to @miisi (post is on page 1): “not sure if this would be your cup of tea but South Scrimshaw is really good! its a speculative marine biology documentary/visual novel about ocean life in a...”

@miisi

Yoooo that sounds really cool! Definitely right up my alley. Thank you so much for the rec!

Mysterious WizardThe Radio StarMysterious Wizard
Replying to @Nehiri (post is on page 1): “If you like Denpa horror and can stomach heavy subjects then Subahibi and Totono are absolutely fantastic VNs. Totono is more on the shorter side at 10 hours...”

@Nehiri

I haven't really engaged with Denpa horror before but it sounds like something I'd really enjoy! Ohhh that would make sense re:Clannad. I'm really excited to cry about all of these :'3

Mysterious WizardThe Radio StarMysterious Wizard

i just finished the chaos head series (child&noah) it was pretty good would recommend 

@texasbobcat

I'll add it to my list! Thank you so much for sharing! This series looks super interesting 👀

Mysterious WizardThe Radio StarMysterious Wizard

if you have a strong stomach for violence, Soundless A Modern Salem In Remote Area is super underrated

@BootlegFriend

This looks like it would be right up my alley, I really enjoy cult horror. Thank you so much for the rec!

Mysterious WizardThe Radio StarMysterious Wizard

I always recommend Katawa Shoujo. 


https://www.katawa-shoujo.com/about


It's a surprisingly heartfelt (albeit a bit dated) rom-com dating game where the eligible bachelorettes each have a physical disability of some kind. Totally recommend going in blind other than that little bit. 

@tellmesecrets

This looks super fun! I really like the character designs on the about page. I'll add it to my list, thank you so much for the recommendation!

Mysterious WizardThe Radio StarMysterious Wizard

Nomnomnami has some rlly cool games ^^

@DreamPlace

Oh there's a lot of fun things here! I really like the art style of a lot of these games, thank you for sharing!

Mysterious WizardThe Radio StarMysterious Wizard

If you're ok with demos I'd reccomend Princess Protocol, it has some interesting dress-up mechanics and worldbuilding.

"Fate and circumstance have returned us to this moment."

@heartw00d

I don't mind demos! The premise sounds super interesting! I'm excited to get into it. Thank you so much for the rec!

Mysterious WizardThe Radio StarMysterious Wizard

Idk if this is yr jam but a horror visual novel I like is Milk Inside of a Bag Inside of A Bag Inside of A Bag. The art is incredible. It is at times deeply unsettling but in a v eerie way. It is also extremely emotional! I loved it would recommend. 

@VenusicTransformations

That sounds exactly like something I would enjoy! I love the title it's very intriguing. Thank you for the rec! I'm looking forward to playing it :3

Mysterious WizardThe Radio StarMysterious Wizard

i would recommend butterfly soup and its sequel on itch.link

@goodboyjojo

This looks like a lot of fun! I adore the art style. Thank you so much for the link!

Mysterious WizardThe Radio StarMysterious Wizard

it started as a 4chan joke, but Snoot Game is fantastic tbh. its spinoff I Wani Hug That Gator is even better. very recommended


https://snootgame.xyz/en/

https://hugthegator.xyz/

@romanian_thief

I've recently learned that a startling amount of things that I enjoy started on 4chan, absolutely wild what that website has produced over the years. I honestly really like these character designs, they look super fun! Thank you so much for sharing the links!

Mysterious WizardThe Radio StarMysterious Wizard

seeing as you've already played tsukihime and wanting to play fate stay night i also recommend witch on the holy night! its also a type moon visual novel!

i have a bunch of other recommendations, beware some of them have R-18 scenes:

1. AIR

2. Clannad

3. Yotsunoha

4. Dies Irae

5. Fullmetal daemon muramasa

6. Steins gate

7. Subarashiki hibi (beware, after the down the rabbit hole I theres a lot of R-18 scenes and rather heavy themes)

9. The fruit of Grisaia

10. Adabana Odd Tales

11. Atri -My dear moments-

@amber

OMG how did I forget about Witch on the Holy Night??? My partner is playing through that one right now and the few scenes I've seen are cool. Very excited to dig further into Aoko's story, she's such an intriguing character. I've seen a handful of these titles around the internet over the years but I also see a lot that are new to me! I've heard really good things about Steins Gate in particular. 

I don't mind R-18 scenes and heavier themes but I do very much appreciate the heads up! Thank you so much for the list! 

Mysterious WizardThe Radio StarMysterious Wizard
Listing 21-40 of 40   < Prev 1 2   Latest ↓

You must be logged in to reply.