Home» Forum» General Discussion» SpaceHey Complaints

SpaceHey Complaints

Back to General Discussion
Listing 81-100 of 121   < Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Next >   Latest ↓

Recently as of joining this site

I have seen a lot of people move from spacehey onto here for many different kinds of reasons! So that got me thinking... What if there was a forum for people's complaints about spacehey?

So that's what this forum is for!!!

Share whatever you want to about your experiences with SpaceHey and why you moved to here.

Divider

p.s: It doesn't have to be an in depth explanation, it could just be like (because it got boring) stuff like that :D

I'm Verity!
Do NOT ask me anything (∗´ര ᎑ ര`∗)

I held out on migrating from SpaceHey to this site for the longest time, but finally reached the "acceptance" stage that SpaceHey will never reach its full potential without outside help.


Aside from the spam/predator problems others have mentioned, various bugs and UI issues which have existed since I joined nearly 2 years ago are still a problem. Even relatively simple fixes such as: a. automatically bumping threads upon receiving a new reply to the top of the forums and b. adding a "quote" button when posting a reply have not been implemented and probably never will be. Temporary workarounds to prevent spam (such as disabling uploading layouts and signing up for a new account without an invitation) have become indefinite with no resolution in sight. Although I hate to be so harsh, why kid ourselves any longer? The site is on life support.


I understand it's difficult to manage a website as big as SpaceHey is, which makes it particularly disappointing that practically everyone willing to step up and support the site was met with complete silence. Things might have turned out differently if sufficient volunteer help was solicited early enough, but with FriendRewind gaining traction and a possible upcoming MySpace revival, I think most people are losing patience and moving on.

"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, it is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."



i used to just do a lot of unconventional layouts in there and its what made me learn more css......but yeah i noticed the weirdness long ago and didn't interact that much with people because so many 4channers or 4channer wannabes and the gore and bullshit and yeah i had fun making layouts but then they disabled them as if it would fix the gore issue when it was everywhere and they refused to get actual moderators I remember I saw a lot of people begging to even let them open like volunteer moderator submissions , i was then busy in life and didn't code anymore then came back to it to see it was even invite only .. and so buggy overall.. I remember trying to load anything took ages..

im glad when I opened it I saw someone I added mention this site because it made me really happy to see first and foremost age verification and how adults wouldn't be able to interact with minors and vicebersa.........which then I got really bummed out trying to find people my age and then they'd put in their bio btw I'm not 25 I'm 13 . I think this thing should be stricter like some sites where having a wrong age could be a bannable offence and a report option for it, just for the safety of children. i can see people be like "not real age for comfort", there could probably be an option to hide your age but you have to put your real age so it you're a minor it doesn't show you adults and all...

but either way I like the vibe this site has and I hope it stays that way because I don't think ive seen anyone i would think hmm they look "weird" (in that way a lot of sphey people looked. you know.like casually being yeah I'm into sch**** sh**tings)

I hope I can try to do more layouts for here or recreate ones ive had done in that site.. ^_^

Tryin to make a change :-\

I did it mostly because a my profile picture never showed up on there and b you can't search users by age which is not cool cuz I don't want to deal with minors

on spacehey it's SO easy to exploit your blog to the front page, which a certain someone took advantage of to stir drama and attention towards this site. obviously this pissed people off, "stop clogging the blogs!!!!" okay but like.......... the blog page on there was NEVER good??


a portion of the top blogs would be just regular ones........from weeks ago. and the more common blogs you'd see are ragebaiters farming engagement and saying heinous shit for views, either that or spacehey's userbase really IS that concerning. not a good look either way. literally a few days ago there was a blog of a kid saying he was planning to sh00t up his school. half of what makes a social platform good is the community, and spacehey does NOT have a good one. everyone is absolutely miserable there, moving here I felt an immediate mood change for the better.

@RainieRAWR

I find that spacehey's community is also more rude than in this site, like there are many mean people on there though i did find a few nice people

@🍋‍🟩 illicxt 💜 the big question is how does the owner of this site ensure this community doesn't become toxic over time as it gains traction?

It's easy now since there are only around 25K registered users but as we've learned from SpaceHey, managing a site that's gaining users exponentially by yourself isn't sustainable.

"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, it is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."



Id stuck loyally by it for about 3 years but the pfps with no signs of intention to fix them was the nail in the coffin, combined with completely shutting down layouts for as long as theyve been down. I feel like An has just abandoned the whole project. Once I saw all the cooler stuff this place had I immediately made the switch

so this is hell...what a sight
Replying to @⋆⁺₊⋆ 🌙 Nyx ✨ ⋆₊⁺⋆ (post is on page 1): “(TW)I have to use a VPN to use it because it's blocked in my country, blogs wouldn't shut tf up about napo, gore everywhere and I hate seeing blood or mutila...”

@⋆⁺₊⋆ 🌙 Nyx ✨ ⋆₊⁺⋆

there are lots of creeps on them, i met a guy that wanted to pay me money to talk to him? weird

@RayFromTheNet

ive heard its mostly one guy boosting all the drama and problematic blogs but that hasnt been solved because of the horrendous moderation


Replying to @Evelina (post is on page 3): “I would message my friends on there to chat sometimes and never got responses, or leaves comments on blogs, forums, and bulletins that were a week old. No on...”

@Evelina

i feel like everyone just doesnt want to interact on there, the most interaction ive gotten is with bulletins but even then its because I comment on other's bulletins, most ppl read mine but only a few people reply

An is now approaching 18 straight days of "ghosting" his users. He's been away for extended periods before, but I think his current absence just may be his longest. For a site run by one person (thanks to having no mods or other known developers), being away for 2 1/2 weeks shows a clear lack of concern. With the exception of posting ads for my FriendRewind blog, I've deleted all of my content from SpaceHey because I'm expecting it to fold—possibly without notice. It's a shame, because the site still has so much potential.

~RWARwriter (Red, White and Real)

NGL the gore, it messed me up badly last summer, I haven't been able to use the site much since, which sucks since I used to use it almost daily back before the spamming

lurking the interwebs since 2016
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ~💾

@RayFromTheNet

I meant that he’s probably posting the spamming himself as well and boosting the spammers, and I’ve also heard that spacehey is like a one-man team so maybe that’s the issue, maybe the owner just can’t handle everything himself?

The broken pfps were rlly a pain, plus when using layout code for some reason sometimes my code would mix even when I put gaps? maybe that was just a me problem- but I left due to apparently the owner using ai for the site and replacing mods with it. and well...it was super dead TmT

Maybe its an issue on my end, but the whole site has stopped working. No links work, no profile pictures show up, messages take anywhere from 5 seconds to 5 minutes to send no matter how fast my internet is.

seeing these replies makes me feel less bitter about never getting an invite (ᵕ—ᴗ—)

@RayFromTheNet

Ugh it really sucks, and he rlly just abandoned the site like that :/

I quit spacehey like 2 months ago before it went completely up in the air, but THAT CODE WAS SOO BUGGY!  thats the main reason I quit not to mention how dead the site was. sometimes you'd have to wait days for a responce to a IM and it doesnt even help if you have the app on mobile to try and respond to IM's right away cuz you never get the notification (AND DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE MOBILE CODE! ONE TIME I TRIED TO EDIT IT CUZ I WAS AWAY FROM MY LAPTOP AND THE WHOLE THING BRICKED THE CODE WOULD ALWAYS BRICK)

not to mention the annoying spam accounts that you'd always have to block or if someone is harassing you in IM's and you block them the chat is still open?? there were so many damn problems with that site that I'm sure could have been a semi-easy fix but I js hope this one doesn't have some of the same problems...

but hey who gives a shit?

After 18 days away in his latest bout of absentia, An actually logged into SpaceHey today. 😮 Of course, he posted nothing and answered nothing. 😡

~RWARwriter (Red, White and Real)

@Red, White and Real On the bright side it looks like he finally fixed the profile picture bug, so that's a good thing.

"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, it is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."



Listing 81-100 of 121   < Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Next >   Latest ↓

You must be logged in to reply.