Home» Forum» General Discussion» SpaceHey Complaints

SpaceHey Complaints

Back to General Discussion
Listing 61-80 of 121   < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >   Latest ↓

Recently as of joining this site

I have seen a lot of people move from spacehey onto here for many different kinds of reasons! So that got me thinking... What if there was a forum for people's complaints about spacehey?

So that's what this forum is for!!!

Share whatever you want to about your experiences with SpaceHey and why you moved to here.

Divider

p.s: It doesn't have to be an in depth explanation, it could just be like (because it got boring) stuff like that :D

I'm Verity!
Do NOT ask me anything (∗´ര ᎑ ര`∗)

The reason I left spacehey is because they kept promising that they were gonna bring music, videos, and games to the platform but they never did. all they did add was a merch shop which I doubt anyone bought merch from, also wasn't there some sort of allegations against the creator RN?

    ∧∧
~′ ̄ ̄(,,゚Д゚) < Nice Post
UU ̄U U

Simply the site never got the support from the moderation and development teams it needed. 

Replying to @★ 𝐫𝐱𝐦𝐞𝐨 ★ (post is on page 3): “@max this place is awesome. So much better than spacehey. I love it sm”

@★ 𝐫𝐱𝐦𝐞𝐨 ★ same tbh

imo the forums are definitely used how they were intended to be used

and there is plenty of regular activity, and the admin responds to feedback really well

this is the best myspace inspired space outta all of em <333

Replying to @Xx.BrUt4L_B4t.xX (post is on page 1): “(tw)the people on there were toxic and there were these ppl on there gore spamming and stressing a lot of ppl out and also the pfps were broken and the owner...”

@Xx.BrUt4L_B4t.xX oh shit that's so fcking gross what are the moderators doing T-T ??? 

Et c'est ✨aukay✨
Replying to @⋆⁺₊⋆ 🌙 Nyx ✨ ⋆₊⁺⋆ (post is on page 1): “(TW)I have to use a VPN to use it because it's blocked in my country, blogs wouldn't shut tf up about napo, gore everywhere and I hate seeing blood or mutila...”

@⋆⁺₊⋆ 🌙 Nyx ✨ ⋆₊⁺⋆  omg ewwww T-T

Et c'est ✨aukay✨

@pinkradish456 the gore has calmed down now, but it's a ghost town because majority of the users switched to another platform. Also the moderation is dead. The blogs are still an echo chamber so finding a good blog is gonna be hard.

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night" - Sarah Williams
Replying to @bunnibun7 (post is on page 1): “Never used Spacehey T0T didn't know it was this bad LOL???!!!”

@bunnibun7 fr I'm so confused. I just added myself to their waitlist a few weeks ago T-T I should've inquired abt that website before joining it lol

Et c'est ✨aukay✨

@pinkradish456

yea!!! me as well, I will never use it probably 

I joined Spacehey in March 2021. Between 2021-2023 it was popping. I made a lot of good friends there in 2021/2022 and was getting so much notifications and the content on there was so good in the beginning. In 2022 the first problems were showing up. 


A massive amount of people were joining and after 2 weeks they all abandoned their accounts. Then a bunch of spam accounts were being made. A lot were sugar daddy/momma accounts, then a bunch of annoying kids joined and also towards the end I started seeing some edgy accounts like glorifying school shooters and serial killers but I never reached the gore era thank god. 


All the cool original OG spacehey  people who were mainly those on OG myspace or young adults who mainly joined out of nostalgia or curiosity now left the site. It was being unmonitored and we were also rightfully impatient with AN. WE WAITED FOR YEARS FOR HIM TO ADD PHOTOS AND VIDEOS TO THE SITE AND HE DID NOTHING!! Like I get he’s young and busy but it’s still not an excuse. Def3ct has done everything better than An or all those other copycat Myspace sites. I have tried to convince people on spacehey to join here but sadly they don’t want to idk why they’d stay on a sinking ship…

@~frank~ i said more or less the same thing on my recent sphy blog before i got sphy banned...again

also def3ct has genuinely done more to bolster a thriving community in a year than anton has done in close to 6

:3

aside from it being closer to dead than when I first joined, the forum structure is antiquated

I think it's ok. There's just some features I think are missing from SpaceHey that FriendRewind has implemented. (Like music accounts.)

Replying to @Cranky Old Witch (post is on page 2): “I loved SpaceHey, and will miss it. But it's been steadily going down hill for months and An had given any indication that he was even responsive and concern...”

@Cranky Old Witch I wonder what went wrong and what could've salvaged it.... There has been a good amount of interest on Mid 2000's - Late 2000's Internet Aesthetic and Vibes especially on websites like this.


Maybe a Reset and Relaunch might help it or something.

Like the accounts still there but the posts and everything has to be cleaned up but before that the site had to be closed down then things has to be fixed.

god where do i begin with it

the countless drama spacehey had completely ruined the site, the brief gore spams and the site is just overall broken now. it's clear that the mods completely abandoned it, met very great people on there though. unfortunately the site is just a one big dumpster fire

@amber it's not that the mods abandoned it, it's that the owner got rid of them and replaced them with AI.  

Maybe MySpace was all the friends we made along the way.

@ExMachina oh thats even worse

Its dead asf and u have to send invite for ppl to join

brought 2 u by my 0.69 braincells~

Joined Spacehey in 2020, and it's always felt dead imo (now it's literally dead). Tried posting in forums and whatnot, but engagement was non-existent (especially since I don't DM). You could have hundreds (some had thousands) of friends, but it was clearly people chasing numbers or bots. Also, the lack of native photo/video sharing was a hassle. I'm not tryna upload to Imgur and jump through hoops just to share a photo. Now you can't even change your profile pic.  

Oh jeez where do I begin:

  • Toxic users. So many posts are people making up drama for the sake of it. This is especially true when some users tried to make BS claims about other sites. Like some users are trying to claim that FriendRewind is entirely vibecoded and botted. No I am not kidding. The whole Napo drama brought out the worst in everyone, and the site hasn't really recovered.
  • Gore and pedo accounts. I was lucky enough to not come across them, but way too many people were coming out about these for it to be a mere coincidence. 
  • No moderation. The mod team was let go, and nothing really has taken its place. This leads to people botting their posts to give infinite kudos, allow some pretty triggering content, spreading misinformation about other users, and more. Alledgedly the site uses AI moderation now, but I cannot currently confirm or deny. An has been rather quiet on the matter for months.
  • Broken and rotting code. Pfps are invisible, and the site has been slow and chugging. An hasn't fixed the site in at least a few months, and the site is held together by spaghetti code.
  • Invite only. Growth slowed quite a bit once the site went invite only. It was fine for a little bit, but now the site is littered with inactive users, with no new ones to take over. 
  • Inactive users. Speaking of which, each popular post is some variation of "SpaceHey is dead!" and the forums might as well not exist. Comments and general engagement are few and far between. 
I feel asleep!

1. it was unbelievably inactive

2. for some reason everyone on there was like super ultra depressed and only talked about how much they hate themselves???

3. my state banned it 🖕

c'est la vie
Listing 61-80 of 121   < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >   Latest ↓

You must be logged in to reply.