Home» Forum» General Discussion» SpaceHey Complaints

SpaceHey Complaints

Back to General Discussion
Listing 101-120 of 121   < Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next >   Latest ↓

Recently as of joining this site

I have seen a lot of people move from spacehey onto here for many different kinds of reasons! So that got me thinking... What if there was a forum for people's complaints about spacehey?

So that's what this forum is for!!!

Share whatever you want to about your experiences with SpaceHey and why you moved to here.

Divider

p.s: It doesn't have to be an in depth explanation, it could just be like (because it got boring) stuff like that :D

I'm Verity!
Do NOT ask me anything (∗´ര ᎑ ര`∗)
Replying to @Tobiage (post is on page 5): “@Red, White and Real On the bright side it looks like he finally fixed the profile picture bug, so that's a good thing.”

@Tobiage

I see! Now that's a long-overdue plus! It would be great if he spoke to his user community, but for some reason he isn't.

~RWARwriter (Red, White and Real)

What I think is that the site itself is pretty cool? The problem is that people on there doesnt really interact or even are active, feels like theyre there just for the aesthetic for their profile, it feels dead so isnt fun to be there 

I remember that for a period of time, those gore accounts were constantly being created and spammed, which drove many users away.  But even before that, the "nostalgic fix" faded for a lot of people.  Then it became inaccessible in certain states.  And now we've got this pfp bug that's been around for idk how many months.  I log in from time to time, but idk, it feels like a shell of itself.  I'm glad it exists, but yeah, the whole gore account spamming ruined the experience for me personally.  The damage was already done to the point where it had to go to invite-only.

I discovered this site through a bulletin post on SpaceHey.  I like how you can filter people by age range, how it displays users' ages (granted, people can lie about that), the built-in music player, and we actually have a top 8!  So far, it's good.

Well, I be dammed, right after I typed this, pfp returned!

after multiple donations and countless hours with sleepless nights spent assisting users and promoting the site to be IP blocked when the law wasn't even passed in my state, and applied 6 months ahead of the stupid law going into effect, is insulting and unacceptable. the site was already tar foot turtle slow and a vpn only adds to that lag. 'we don't have the resources to comply with" is bullshit, he just didn't want to take the time. someday it will completely vanish without any warning, I'm predicting. I'd put money on under a year.

Tobiage wrote:
@🍋‍🟩 illicxt 💜 the big question is how does the owner of this site ensure this community doesn't become toxic over time as it gains traction?It's easy now since there are only around 25K registered users but as we've learned from SpaceHey, managing a site that's gaining users exponentially by yourself isn't sustainable.

I'd say that's on US as much or more as it is on moderators. If WE see some toxic BS, it is up to US to A) say directly to the toxic person "not cool, cut that shit out now." And/or B) Post a public service bulletin or blog saying "Hey, watch out for this account, they are a scammer/spammer/predator/bully or whatever, and/or C) Report spam/scam accounts to Def3ct, and/or D) Block and grey rock the person to limit their ability to interact on the site.

And this is equally important ... something we don't do enough of ... when you see GOOD people posting GOOD content, thoughts, posts, whatever, take the time to SAY SO.

a plethora of issues really. 

first of all: very annoying and unnecessarily rude freaking people. i don't know how else to describe it. i was surrounded with a lot of crappy "mutuals". trolls. as well as people with extremely weird and questionable stances.

accounts that promoted casinos and actual drugs including xanax and probably self-induced euthanasia ones if i remember correctly. very weird and dangerous medication.

gore, a lot of gore, that took forever for moderation to take out for some reason. some people blaming all of us for it, as in: "well the gore issue is kinda your fault because all you do is whine about it. myspace also had an issue with gore therefore you just have to suck it up and be okay with it" kind of dogwhistle. an did absolutely nothing to actually at least get better moderation.

people actually do not interact with you, at all, then proceed to complain that no one talks to them. unless you're scene or are in an extremely common fandom - no one bothers to talk to you.

that's pretty much all i can think of.. i know it sounds kind of rash in some parts but please take it with a grain of salt.

I’d be repeating a lot of the points that most have stated out (lack of human mods, gore bots, mass trolling posts, slow as fuck website, absent dev…). Also that, when replying to a comment, it would block said comment so you couldn’t see what long paragraph you were trying to dissect. Very hyper specific but it annoyed me so much. 

And then it was trying to find people over the age of 21, which seemed like a Herculean tasks for some reason. There were an absurd about of teenagers that would send friend requests to my obviously MINORS DNI blog. 

The fact that An flickers in and out of activity while the website keeps breaking every couple of months is disappointing to see. I’ve had my account for 4 years now and it had a very promising beginning. Now? We will see. 

teh usual stuff :p

no ranking of friends

no pics / vids and only blogs...

music intergration is a lot more hacky then on here >.<

No hate to it, but it seemed a little too dead and lacking in interaction.

i loved spacehey but its gone inactive and is missing many features such as top8 customization, photo gallery, profile music and more. ive also seen it get botted to hell with NSFW accounts. i also like how you can choose to share your location on friendrewind to find people near you. also it seems to be invite only now weirdly

@seth <3 not to mention the fact that the website is quite literally falling apart, it took about a week for my new pfp to appear on my profile 

I was there from early '22 to today. I axed my profile after a lot of soul-searching. There was really a lot missing and I don't think that it's coming back in any real good form. I'll miss some of the people there but for sure I am aware that there's a few people I know from there that are here now. 

Replying to @aheartoffire1996 (post is on page 5): “I did it mostly because a my profile picture never showed up on there and b you can't search users by age which is not cool cuz I don't want to deal with minors”

Apparently, the profiles on Spacehey do not show age anymore for whatever reason. It's infuriating because I do not want to have to deal with little actual fetuses anymore because they are ignorant and I don'tot want to get in trouble. Plus, I don't have a child of my own, so make me a monster. I don't get a f***

Personally I left spacehey because 

1- top blogs where always some bullshit drama nobody cares about;
2- a giger counter would blow up next to that godamn userbase;
3- TOO MANY KIDS man, and there was NOT enough moderation to keep them safe or in check;
4- gore on recent users practically every day;
5- too much rage bait;
6- forums where dead;
7- no photo or video hosting;
8- people only spoke in bulletins;
9- why the fuck did it go invite only????????;

yadda yadda, it's way better here so far lol
people treated spacehey like modern social media

IN THE SIGN OF SATAN - DEVOID OF LIFE.... FOREVER

Breaking my scene kid character for a sec, MySpace went under for a reason. I don’t hate SpaceHey by any means, but the MySpace formula simply has to be updated in terms of user experience and interface to match modern systems. Friendrewind has plenty of UI issues from my limited interaction with it, but I could immediately see that it’s VASTLY superior to SpaceHey with regard to usability, especially on mobile, which was obviously less of a concern during the MySpace days. 

In my restless dreams I see that town…

Lack of updated features. Lots of promised that never became a thing. Didnt even have a way to upload pics to a photo album. No music player, but you could code one in so it wasnt like...top priority for me. Tons of creeps. Lots of Nazis, even extreme sects of Nazi groups (ive seen MULTIPLE people on there with tempel ov blood stuff on their page). Gore spamming. Zero moderation. Constant bugs. The website is dead. 

It basically started out as a cool college web project An was doing but ig he never meant to sink his whole into it. So he eventually moved on. I get it. You are in college, you dont have enough money to fund the servers or pay people to moderate, you rely heavily on donations to keep things running. It grew too big too fast. I place my bets that spacehey will be down for good in the next two years, if not sooner. 

It would take too much time to load and a lot of people on there are annoying. Also pfps are broken.

"HAHAHAHA... You're done..."

spacehey sucks ass and it's too obvious...

 the modding is shit

 no one's active (i'd want to ignore it too)

they made it invite only (as if it could be an elitist in-club if it wanted to)

there's too many attention starving edge lords, PDF files and bots.... not to mention how little you can actually do besides send friend requests and wait

the blogs feel soo buggy and i expected so much more from the site

forums just aren't a thing apparently

the instant messages suck which is tolerable but not when all the other issues are stacked on

i got my account spam reported a week or two into march so by the time i got around to making a new account it already fell off

 so i practically walked in the door after the building burnt down

anyway bye



-Lomi_Nous waz here and spacehey is worse then being locked in a room with a humidifier full of milk

I mean, even when the site was working, it just sucked. Couldn't post videos and no dedicated space for photos on your profile, no notifications on forum posts and couldn't reply to replies on forums. No one ever posted in groups because, again, no notifications and you couldn't reply to replies. It was a shit show fr 


°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ Just a Bunny boy °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
Listing 101-120 of 121   < Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next >   Latest ↓

You must be logged in to reply.